Just got an awesome email!

Paul Messplay

The Sichuan Wolong Panda Protection and Breed Center is dealing with the result s of a breeding boom -- 16 pandas have been born since July, 2006. The brood includes five sets of twins. The cubs are weighed and measured every five days.

The heaviest tips the scale at just over 24 pounds, while the lightest weighs about 11 pounds. The pandas are due to stop suckling by February, 2007 just about the time they'll start learning to walk. Once weaned, the panda cubs will attend panda kindergarten. In the meantime, more little ones are expected at the center since 38 giant pandas were artificially impregnated.

http://us.f542.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1_115796_AC4nvs4AAPbCRbumyQQ6NFc86jM&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Just as a side note: I saw a PBS special on TV about the birth of a Sumatra Rhinoceros being born in captivity. This was a major breakthru because they are still being poached in the wild, even as an endangered species. The scientists were so happy that they can save them from extinction by breeding them in captivity now. From what they learned of this pregnancy, they are hoping to have live births of the other endangered rhinoceroses being held in captivity and releasing them on protected land.

In the #4 photo, I love how the little panda is getting into the box of stuff under the desk to the right of the guy weighing the panda baby, and the one panda baby playing with the oxygen tank or whatever apparatus on wheels. Just like babies!

My son (13) took a look at them and said the top ones don't look real. Just too perfect I guess. The one looking full face into the camera looked real and the one curled up in the guys arms (last photo) looked real also he said. Sometimes perfection is hard to be real.