Personal best: Dates

CollegeB

So you clicked to read some juicy gossip or possibly get some tips on how to have a date with other people. I have neither for you. I wanted to brag about myself a little and say i've eaten 2 lbs of dates (the dates are pitted) in one day (24 hrs). I've trained hard to reach this feat. It started off probably 2 months ago when I started buying 2 lbs of dates each week, and i'd eat all of them each week. Then I went on christmas break and didnt have dates for a month. After the break I immediately bought 2 lbs of dates and ate them in 4 days, all the while musing about the inevitable triumph of eating 2 lbs of dates in one day. Alas I have achieved this and now am searching for a new feat. 2 lbs of dates and a jar of peanutbutter...in 24hrs is one option.

Congratulations! I doubt my stomach would allow that. Did you feel perfectly fine at the end of the day? Definitely go for the peanut butter along with the dates; those are two very calorie-dense foods in massive amounts. I just did the math and that is about 3000 calories in dates. Wow.

my word 16 lbs of tofu. Yeah i could definitely not do that. And Michael they indeed were madjool dates. I think I have a problem though. I keep thinking about dates and I really cant stand not having them around. I eat 1 lb as soon as I buy my tub of dates. I have felt fine after eating so many dates. And about an hour after I posted, it began to snow. 2 good things, 1 day. Hooray!

Wahhaaaa?? 2 lb's of dates in a SITTING is the norm here.I spend 10 bux a day just on dates here.Sad.

When it's minus 40 out you need it though.I thought you were being sarcastic!!haha

One time I asked a Chick"wanna date" she said 'yeah but your controlling the relationship".I went with it.Was very good times.

Date are our allies in action!!

And Michael they indeed were madjool dates. I think I have a problem though. I keep thinking about dates and I really cant stand not having them around. I eat 1 lb as soon as I buy my tub of dates.

I too have had issues with excessive dates. I try to stay away, but eventually get more and more. I absolutely love coconut rolled dates too! What a treat! You have to be careful though when buying these at the health food store. Find a place that keeps them refrigerated, otherwise they dry out quickly and ferment a little. Not nearly as good, but still edible that way. When fresh they will melt in your mouth, much like fresh baked bread that is still hot.

Okay, I'm off to buy dates!

I absolutely love coconut rolled dates too! What a treat!

I love those!!!

I like dates, but I find I'm quite satisfied after eating only a handful of them and don't enjoy any more after that. Probably a good thing, as I don't exactly need to gain any weight right now.

It's threads like these that make me wish i had gone to a college with a whole foods nearby.

You don't need Whole Foods!

If you can get dates and coconut, you can make them yourself. I just made some, because Whole Foods Market is closed for the night and I've been drooling over the pics in this thread for hours now. I grabbed a small handful of dates, smashed them in my hands for a few minutes like a stress ball, then shaped and rolled in coconut. I also found a slightly more high-tech set of instructions here.

I would've posted a photo but quite honestly, mine ended up looking like a turd rolled in coconut. A very tasty one, though.