Hydration?

Kon

today I was excersizing and my head was kinda feeling bloated for lack of a better word, and I decided to drink some water. I went back to excersizing and realized that my head felt a bit better but I wasn't sure whether it was the water which had helped, so I decided to keep drinking water every couple of sets and noticed that the head bloatedness wasn't as bad as it was before.

I tried to keep my excersize stress level down a bit as well, so I can't be sure whether it was just the water which helped. By doing this I mixed up my excersizes more than usual to balance the workload across more area of my body, and at the same time I felt myself wanting to sweat more than usual.

so I'm wondering how important it is to drink water while you workout, as I usually don't drink any, and I'm wondering what kind of effect it has on the body when you drink it or don't.

I think drinking while working out is somewhat important but more so I think is how much water is in your system at any given time. I drink 80 oz's a day minimum. By the time I go to the gym in the morning ive already had half my water consumption for the day so drinking during does not seem as important. However I still carry my bottle with me full of water for the occasional sip if I get thirsty.

I think its very important to keep drinking water...I'm a terrible role model for this though...in the gym I can't stop drinking water(especially when lifting weight...its really weird) however I've ridden 100mile bike rides in the summer heat(often times upper 90s or higher) realizing I've only taken in 1/3 of one of my two 20oz water bottles

I've been eating alot of grapes while excersising, and that seems to help too for some reason. Maybe they have alot of water in them.

I also eat a handful of fruit(apples,bananas) before I workout.