leather alternatives

veggymeggy

I was wondering if anyone knows where high quality purses, shoes, etc can be bought that are vegan, or specific designers/brands? I've realized that much more difficult for me than eating vegan is shopping for these sorts of items! I know Stella McCartney is vegan, but I can't realistically afford anything by her, and wouldn't even know where to get it. I used to by a lot of Coach products, if that gives you an idea of my price range. I'm fanatical about shoes and purses/wallets....I just need to know how to convert my collection from leather to not!

Thanks everyone

Check also this one for shoes:

http://www.earthvegan.us/

They have great earth vegan shoes.. I just bought one pair.. I love them!

But I don't know where you can buy other accessories and hand bags, I am not much of a handbag person. All that stuff is always in the way. What I have is cotton, pretty thick, but cotton and I have some animal rights patches sewed on it

You could just go to a shop and ask what is not out of leather. Especially those cheap bags are normaly not leather. I know that from another girl.

Usuall stores.. just ask!

Have fun shopping!

I like what I've seen so far, thanks for the suggestions! This stuff is even affordable, which has become really important now that I'm a poor college student again ...I miss having a real income! Oh well, the education is worth it...and looks like I CAN still accesorize while giving up leather, hooray It's true, I can be a bit of a girly girl, Robert can probably attest to that.

I like what I've seen so far, thanks for the suggestions! This stuff is even affordable, which has become really important now that I'm a poor college student again ...I miss having a real income! Oh well, the education is worth it...and looks like I CAN still accesorize while giving up leather, hooray It's true, I can be a bit of a girly girl, Robert can probably attest to that.

veggymeggy you and I are so much alike it seems in that I too am very "girly" , with the whole stilletos, purses, makeup and all. When I see something I like, I simply make sure it is cruelty free before I buy (ayt any which store) and it usually is and that is good for not only our souls, but our bank accounts as well!!!

I really hope I meet you on our vegan vacation 2006!!!

If you walk in a store, just ask. That is the fastest way to find non leather stuff.

I just whent to a shoe store and asked for shoes that go with a black suit without any leather or other animal products in it. They instantly showed me some shoes and explained how you can see it is leather or not. There is suposed to be a sticker on the bottom which indicates whether or not the inside, outside or bottom are made of leater/suede. But I just went to some relatively cheap shoe store, I guess fancy designer store shoes don't have that kind of sticker on them.