Cupcake eating contest

Daniel

Sweet, sweet cupcakes. Mmmm...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/375457607_a11a625de9_o.jpg

I hope to attend this. I know there aren't a lot of you near New Haven. (More cupcakes for me . Ha-ha-ha!) But the Little Vegan Monsters folks met at an animal right meet up in Corvallis, Oregon. Anyone here know them?

I meant to post this too!

I got some flyers about it way out here in Oregon! The organizers contacted me a while ago, I've just been busy and out of town and totally forgot to post it.

Best of luck if you enter and please wear a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirt so we can bring home more titles!

Thanks for posting this.

I really wanted to go up north for my Spring break(which would be a week early) and if this was going on now that would be a great thing to do...I can imagine I'd tear it up out there

I really wanted to go up north for my Spring break(which would be a week early) and if this was going on now that would be a great thing to do...I can imagine I'd tear it up out there

They would probably ban you from the town it took place in by the time you were done.

True but if one of these go on every day somewhere else in the country I can make a tour of every vegan eating contest around...then I can figure out how to pay for my own food

• 2 weeks later...

The cupcake eating contest was a lot of fun. The New Haven Independent covered the event here.

Here's a couple pictures of me (foreground, left) during the contest with a gob full of cupcake.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/434472634_4e92a1de24.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/434461882_cab31e0f6d.jpg

I got seven cupcakes down in the allotted time. The winner got down 11! (I'm told that 11 is a new world record in vegan cupcake eating contests.)

I'm sure I could have eaten at least 15. I think I could down maybe 8 in the first 2 minutes, 5 in the next 2, then 2 in the last. Maybe even more. I've gotta make it out to one of these

I'm sure I could have eaten at least 15. I think I could down maybe 8 in the first 2 minutes, 5 in the next 2, then 2 in the last. Maybe even more. I've gotta make it out to one of these

It's harder than you might think. I could have gotten at least eight if I had more liquid to wash them down, but I ran out of soy. I doubt anyone could down eight cupcakes in two minutes unless they liquified them first. The person who got 11 cupcakes soaked them in water.

Well done Daniel! Thanks for the photos and recap of the event. It looks and sounds like a lot of fun!

Perhaps via youtube or other online video sources we can have our own online eating contests with real video footage proving the results

Odidnetne, that's true enough. I'm sure veganpotter would do really well in a cupcake eating contest. But we all boasted about our eating prowess on the day of the contest. As someone with a reputation for eating myself, I found the experience very humbling.

robert, they have these cupcake eating contests in Portland all the time. That's where the organizers of the New Haven event got the idea. Even if you don't want to compete you should check it out.

15 is actually a modest estimate for me. That is what I know I can do. I used to eat 4 cups of rice(before it was cooked) with dinner nearly every day from the time I was 13-18....that also does not include the other stuff I would have thrown with it. I also ate 1.5 quarts of ice cream with Daywalker...since he couldn't finish his quart...then immediately after we split a blueberry pie in half...he had half of his half and gave up. I finished 3/4 of the pie. Then maybe 15 minutes later I made a big 40oz+ smoothie. This is pretty much leisure eating for me without pushing myself.

Um, no offence, but you don't know Potter:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Portland/DSCF0005-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Portland/DSCF0062.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Portland/IMG_4384.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Portland/DSCF0001-1.jpg

veganpotter, I can't argue with that. You know better than me what you can eat. I was just making an observation about my own experience, which wasn't meant as an evaluation of your own ability. Are you at all interested in robert's YouTube challenge?

Cool, I've seen a Portland vegan eating contest but it wasn't a cupcake one, it was a crazy one Food Fight! organized that made me almost vomit just watching and smelling. It was a super gross combination of foods.

I know nothing about YouTube, I've never used it, but I know it is good for videos.

Maybe we could have a global vegan eating contest on the forum.

Anyone want to take on the project and organize it? I can help supply some prizes.

Have fun!

I LOVE those Potter photos!

Ha, ha. I just posted before I saw those pictures. Of course you're right, Crystal. Now I'm curious to see how veganpotter does under timed conditions, because chewing tends to slow you down.

Grimes: (talking about Homer) God, he eats like a pig!

Lenny: I dunno. Pigs tend to chew. I'd say he eats more like a duck.

I'd love to do the youtube challenge eating contest...I wouldn't wanna go about organizing it though. I'm eating pretty clean now though so I'd have to schedule it in. A banana contest would be pretty easy though but they'd have to be weighed after being peeled instead of going by banana count. As for timing my eating I've done it pre vegan. I drank 4 pints of milk at lunch in 6th or 7th grade in less than 20 seconds. I'm also the fastest beer bonger you've ever seen(haven't done that for a while though but I've done 4 beers in less than 15 seconds and thats on video somewhere). My only problem would probably be really sticky foods without liquid...Odidnetne is that master of that with his peanut butter eating. I think without water he would kill me in a race to eat a jar.

Thanks for posting Crystal

I'd love to do the youtube challenge eating contest...I wouldn't wanna go about organizing it though. I'm eating pretty clean now though so I'd have to schedule it in. A banana contest would be pretty easy though but they'd have to be weighed after being peeled instead of going by banana count. As for timing my eating I've done it pre vegan. I drank 4 pints of milk at lunch in 6th or 7th grade in less than 20 seconds. I'm also the fastest beer bonger you've ever seen(haven't done that for a while though but I've done 4 beers in less than 15 seconds and thats on video somewhere). My only problem would probably be really sticky foods without liquid...Odidnetne is that master of that with his peanut butter eating. I think without water he would kill me in a race to eat a jar.

Thanks for posting Crystal

You can't win them all, good friend.

Wow, veganpotter, you like to live dangerously. Remember that person who died couple months ago because of that water drinking contest?

Yeah I know about that...but I don't think anyones died of peanut butter poisoning or cupcake poising...at least no from immediate effects. As for the water...if it were a salt water drinking contest that person probably would have never died.

Wow, veganpotter, you like to live dangerously. Remember that person who died couple months ago because of that water drinking contest?

Yeah I know about that...but I don't think anyones died of peanut butter poisoning or cupcake poising...at least no from immediate effects. As for the water...if it were a salt water drinking contest that person probably would have never died.

I don't know if I'd partake in a PB contest anymore, I don't really like it that much. A raw almond butter contest, on the other hand....would be expensive actually, but really good.