The Thrive Diet (by Brendan Brazier)

Matt

Awesome!

Thanks. I have mine on my desk now and was going to take a photo with my camera, but this looks like a better image

It actually peaked at #26 !!!!

I'd love to see it get in the top 25!

Thanks for the support. I just got off the phone with Brendan. He's an awesome guy and a real influential person in my life. So much so that I'd say probably the best thing I ever did, aside from becoming vegan was contacting Brendan 3 years ago, asking him to be in my DVD. Now we work very closely and it has been life-changing for me in a very positive way.

I grabbed that image from the book's web site. I linked to the image on that page. I hope they don't mind.

I'd like to meet Brendan sometime...seems like a really nice guy. You guys are great spokespeople for the vegan fitness community.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I just finished reading The Thrive Diet! It takes the ideas in the first Thrive and push it a little bit further. In my opinion, it is a mix of "The vegetarian sport nutrition guide", the first "Thrive" and "Becoming Vegan". Overall, it is one of the best book on vegan nutrition!

I finished it two days ago. I forgot to post about it. I love it. Its somewhat similar to the first book but it goes much more in depth with his new ideas about where we should take our nutrition. The last book was very good but this one is much better. Also the awesome new recipes definately deserve attempting!

Agree. To follow up (I'm about 40% through it already), it really is what I wanted/hoped Thrive would be before I read that. Thrive Diet is great, too, because every sentence has some good info and it's very concise. There's no digressions or tangents...very focused and well-written.

A must-have book, and a new paradigm, at least for "mainstream" diet-book readers. It's too bad that every book out there (at least in the US) has the word "diet" attached to it which implies weight loss, but this is about nutrition, of course, and "the only book you'll ever need" to guide your nutrition, in my opinion. I hope it gets the attention it deserves when it comes out in the US.

It is a bad thing that people see Diet and think DIET...but in the case of a pro vegan diet book I think its a good thing. Especially since I can't even recall him mentioning vegan ethics at all in the book other than from the environmental standpoint. Maybe some people will be dumb enough too see this simply as a book sold to make you lose some weight which is fine since it will do that for nearly everyone who needs too.

• 3 weeks later...

well i got the book and almost read the whole thing.

It is funny because i was doing all the things in the book and the sport drink and gels recipes are ones I had made up myself.

Has anyone tried the other recipes?

If so, which ones and did you like them?

I've made the recovery pudding(can't remember which but it was from the first book) and it tasted great...I've also made his sunflower pate(I think that's what it was) and it was incredible

I've read it (I have a special "press" copy that says things like "please see page XX" instead of the actual page numbers ) and it is shaping some changes I am currently making to my diet. I'm going to try making some of the recipes this week.