avocado- no thanks. advice?

Hero

okay so i got avocados tonight. my body wanted some. i know theyre good for you. i ate half of one and couldnt stomach the rest of it. i dont like the consistency. it grosses me out and it reminds me of egg.

anyway, can i eat fruitarian and be alright if i never ever eat avocados?

Aw come on, give the poor avocado another try!! I used to gag on them myself and have since aquired a taste for them. If it's the consistency you don't like how about mashing them up and mixing them up with other stuff, make guacamole or something...

To answer your question though, I'm sure you'd survive just fine without ever eating another one.

Hero...

You ain't clean enough to be dealing with avo's yet....I used to hate them until I got clean, now I just eat them when I need them and by the time I need them they suddenly taste great, when I don't need them they have no taste.

As far as mixing stuff up there's no rules...just personal choice...do what works for you at any given time.

Don't concentrate on being "fruitarian" work on doing what works for you.

Hero...

You ain't clean enough to be dealing with avo's yet....I used to hate them until I got clean, now I just eat them when I need them and by the time I need them they suddenly taste great, when I don't need them they have no taste.

Okay, am I the only person who loved avocado from bite #1?

Hero...

Okay, am I the only person who loved avocado from bite #1?

I did.

im just gonna follow whatever my body wants.

If you're not into mono eating, technically tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers count as fruit, cutting one of those up (and an avocado) and mixing them together makes a great salad. I say this because you said your body was craving them.

If you're not into mono eating, technically tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers count as fruit, cutting one of those up (and an avocado) and mixing them together makes a great salad. I say this because you said your body was craving them.

dude i eat tomatoes by the bulk. i grew up growing my own outside in my garden. i eat them like crazy.

i love raw peppers and cucumbers too. sweet. this is rad.

dude i eat tomatoes by the bulk. i grew up growing my own outside in my garden. i eat them like crazy.

i love raw peppers and cucumbers too. sweet. this is rad.

Yeah, the avocado "breaks down" and becomes more like a dressing, but the oil tastes really good. I love eating that dish, though normally I add fresh squeezed lemon (another fruit actually), and some raw onion (not a fruit, but a root, hey hey, I made a rhyme. ).

I do the guacamole deal with avocados. I sometimes feel I need them, but I have the same texture issues... Hero, guac'ing them with diced tomatoes is what I do and sounds right on for what you need! Still raw plus you get MORE tomatoes...LOL

A wise man once said...eventually all avocados will become ripe avocados

However sometimes they do taste a bit smokey which used to bother me but now I like it nearly as much as the non-smokey ones