The Ultimate Fighter 5

the new season of The Ultimate Fighter starts on April 5th. this season is the lightweights. i think the lightweight division is one of the most talented and exciting. i'm already hyped up for the finale when the coached BJ Penn and Jens Pulver will have their rematch.

i recognize a couple of the fighters in this season. one is Nate Diaz, the younger brother of Nick Diaz. he seems to be a lot like Nick in attitude. we'll see how his talent is. i alson noticed Joe Lauzon, who already has a contract i believe. he already has been on a PPV and owns a win over one of the coaches, Jens Pulver. what is he doing on this show?

who's gonna be watching?

The Ultimate Fighter 5 website

the new season of The Ultimate Fighter starts on April 5th. this season is the lightweights. i think the lightweight division is one of the most talented and exciting. i'm already hyped up for the finale when the coached BJ Penn and Jens Pulver will have their rematch.

i recognize a couple of the fighters in this season. one is Nate Diaz, the younger brother of Nick Diaz. he seems to be a lot like Nick in attitude. we'll see how his talent is. i alson noticed Joe Lauzon, who already has a contract i believe. he already has been on a PPV and owns a win over one of the coaches, Jens Pulver. what is he doing on this show?

who's gonna be watching?

The Ultimate Fighter 5 website

yeah they mentioned that , and I dont know why he is on the show. unless the win was a fluke.

Oh yeah, we'll be watching. I think Diaz will be the early favorite for the "I hope he loses this week" award.

I might be in the minority here, but I liked it when they had challenges to determine who would get to fight whom. Some of the challenges were kinda stupid, okay most were, but it kept the first half of the show a bit more interesting. Last season was 45 minutes of yawning to get to the fight.

Oh yeah, we'll be watching. I think Diaz will be the early favorite for the "I hope he loses this week" award.

I might be in the minority here, but I liked it when they had challenges to determine who would get to fight whom. Some of the challenges were kinda stupid, okay most were, but it kept the first half of the show a bit more interesting. Last season was 45 minutes of yawning to get to the fight.

yeah I agree. I thought I read somewhere that the problem with that was that people were getting hurt on the challenges, and not having a chance to fight at their best or at all. I think also it was said that the winners of the challenges did not end up being the better at the fights (some did some didnt).

However I think that different challenges, like when they made them do a horse stance against the wall, would be great. That would check their toughness, both mentally and physically, and would be somewhat more related to the fighting. I mean when george crawled around , I think it was , White? during franklins coaching stint, was very impressive. But in these two examples (cumo for the stance and George for the crawl) they have not fared that well in fights. Although didnt luke cumo make it to the finals of TUF that year? Yes I think that he did. So that would be one and one on that survey? But I dont hear too much about Luke now though.

All of that said, I would still welcome some of the same challenges as before, it beats being exposed to the folks with No personality, just to fill 40 minutes. By having the challenges, we at least can chose the personalities and events in the house that are the most entertaining.

so tonight, besides being the premier of the new season of the ultimate fighter, it is also Ulimate Fight Night on Spike tv. main event is Joe Stevenson vs. Melvin Guillard, sounds like a good matchup, though i'm not terribly excited about it. i am gonna have to work tonight so i am gonna miss it. hopefully i can catch the encore on the weekend.

anybody gonna catch that tonight?

The Lightweight division is gonna be SICK.

Yeah, it took Joe Stevenson about 45 seconds to shut M Guillard up. I guess Joe looked good, but it honestly was no test at all. I expected more out of Guillard than 4 missed punches and walking into a guillotine. Joe was poised, though, gotta give him credit.

I like how Steve Mazzagati MADE Guillard come back and touch gloves before the fight. Bush move by Guillard, ballsy move by Mazz.

On the show - I wouldn't want to fight Virgil, and I wouldn't want to be Gabe. There are some fired-up people on this show - lots of testosterone in that house

• 2 weeks later...