Photos from my April 28th Bodybuilding Contest

robert

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working on the abs. It is a weakness for sure, but so was my back a while ago. Not that my back is great, but it's better. That gives me hope that my abs will just get "better" as I go along. I am training them pretty hard and then it will just be up to me to do a better job with diet to keep bodyfat low and not hold water so they'll show up when I need them too.

A few pics after the contest:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp40.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp39.jpg

Yeah your back is much better and I even think gaining in your back(especially lower back) will pull on your skin and draw some of it away from your stomach and make it look much better.

robert you should dye your hair black. it would be totally hot.

You don't like my natural blonde? It gets really blonde in the summer and I can't wait! I'm growing my hair out too, so it will be fun. I'll look like Hulk Hogan this summer

Here's to letting it grow!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp42.jpg

That blue polo looks sharp.

Can I order that on the webshop? Does it have a VBB logo?

It's actually a shirt I found in my basement while looking for things for our fundraiser yard sale but I liked it so I put it on. I do have some polo shirts that say Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness on them but they are not blue, they are white.

I meant some items posted on the forum this week but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll be out of town all day tomorrow but I'll get on it soon. I have everything from baby clothes to women's shorts, to aprons to women's and men's tank tops, to a couple of long sleeved shirts, etc.

I returned to the gym today and spent 2 1/2 hours there mainly due to the best basketball game, or at least most entertaining basketball game I've ever seen. I ended up doing an hour and a half of cardio in addition to weights watching the Mavericks and Warriors tonight.

Back to bodybuilding photos.......

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp35.jpg

Thanks Ed,

I'm working on it. 3 hours in the gym today!

Chesty,

I know, I've had various hair colors in the past but I just love blonde. Most of my family loses their blonde as they get older so I'm one that is barely hanging on to it. When I did color my hair it was just yellow and orange. I like bright colors

I still have many bodybuilding photos to go through. I haven't seen them all from my contest but I'm sure I'll get a few more good ones to post in the coming weeks.

hey Robert,

First: FANTASTIC JOB!!

Second: You are such in an awesome shape that you should have won first place.

Third: But I can't believe it is you!?!

Did you check out my new gourmet vegan dishes on myspace? A lot of raw ones.

Last but not least: I am waiting for the confirmation of my vacation so that i can tell you my definite yes for BRISTOL FAYRE. Do you know people where i could stay?

have a great start to the week!

Talk to you soon,

Patricia

GourmetVeganChef

I know, I've had various hair colors in the past but I just love blonde. Most of my family loses their blonde as they get older so I'm one that is barely hanging on to it. When I did color my hair it was just yellow and orange. I like bright colors

I'm just playin The blonde is still awesome, and its great you are growing it out. You should dye it some funky color again for the vegan vacation tho. Orange and you'll look like he-man. haha.

Hey Rob.....a little late jumping on this thread...but I gotta say that you were AMAZING at the show! I had the chance to sit through the pre-judging and you really gave the other guys a RUN FOR THEIR MONEY!

So cool to see a vegan kickin that much butt!

I will be posting my pics soon.

hey Robert,

Last but not least: I am waiting for the confirmation of my vacation so that i can tell you my definite yes for BRISTOL FAYRE. Do you know people where i could stay?

Talk to you soon,

Patricia

GourmetVeganChef

Thanks Patricia,

Somehow I missed this earlier. I haven't been online much, too busy eating now that my contest is over.....but not too much since I compete again in less than 5 weeks!

I appreciate the comments. I'll get back to you about Bristol stuff, but the stall has been paid for and I'm shipping stuff to Pete (www.veganbodybuilding.org) soon. I'm sure I can find a place for you to stay over there, I have a few contacts, including forum members who live around there and will be attending.

I still haven't looked through all my bodybuilding photos but I'm sure more will appear soon

Hey Rob.....a little late jumping on this thread...but I gotta say that you were AMAZING at the show! I had the chance to sit through the pre-judging and you really gave the other guys a RUN FOR THEIR MONEY!

So cool to see a vegan kickin that much butt!

I will be posting my pics soon.

Hey Ravi,

First and foremost, thanks for all the support and for driving down 3 hours to watch the show and all the support leading up to the contest. I really do appreciate it. I'm a pretty sincere guy and I love all the support I get from the core group that sticks with me out here (and globally).

So, you have photos too? Cool. I have a bunch, still many to look through and some just sent to me by another person. Just try to pick out the ones that don't make me look too skinny and wimpy

We should talk about attending the Olympia this year. The Arnold has passed already, but a trip to Vegas in the fall would be fun.

I look forward to seeing a few more pics and again, thanks for all the support. If you're interested, I compete in Vancouver, WA on June 9th.

When I did color my hair it was just yellow and orange. I like bright colors

My goodness. A MAJOR flashback from 12 years ago just kicked in. That's when I died my former best friend Jonni's rat-colored hair Yellow and Orange. He looked like a hedgehog on fire.

It was a birthday surprise. He was blindfolded the whole time and when he started to smell the peroxide I blamed it on someone elses smelly feet. For 8 years he came to be known as "the hedgehog". He even had his own comic strip. Ahhh, those were the days.

But enough about that, I mainly just wanted to you to your wins (oh well - close enough )

You look absolutely !

Thanks Liz, you rock!

I hope to see you on here more often (when you have time). Are you sure you can't make it to the Vegan Vacation this summer?

I know you're a competitor too, so thanks for taking a look at the photos. I'll have more soon. I'm evaluating my posing and working to improve, and of course improve my physique in general.

Must sleep now....time to find a cave.

hey Robert,

Talk to you soon,

Patricia

GourmetVeganChef

Cool - I live in Oxford, not far from Bristol. Maybe there's a vegan b&b there ...

Awesome! Do you want to work at the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness stall? We'll have one there, already paid for.

I'm teaming up with www.veganbodybuilding.org , we'll be side by side, but I'm not sure who is working the booth! Possibly Gourmet Vegan Chef from this forum and that is all I know of so far.

Gorilla, do you want to work at the stall for me, along side Patricia (GVC if she can make it)?

Thanks!

Thanks Liz, you rock!

I hope to see you on here more often (when you have time). Are you sure you can't make it to the Vegan Vacation this summer?

I know you're a competitor too, so thanks for taking a look at the photos. I'll have more soon. I'm evaluating my posing and working to improve, and of course improve my physique in general.

As much as I would LOVE to visit VV it's just not possible. I am going to Baltimore in 4 weeks - for 4 weeks though. That is something I have had to do for 5 years but never gotten around to, and 2 trips overseas the same summer...well it's an impossibility. The flight overseas is fairly cheap, but to fly domestic is a...ehm, ripoff. Since I'm not working either. But I've heard that a lowprice company will be available for domestic flights from May 22nd.

Man, sometimes I wish money fell out of my arse. Only big bills - no coins. That would kind of hurt my poor

But feel free to let me know if you'll be on the northern east coast area in June..

Caves rock!

Thanks Liz, you rock!

As much as I would LOVE to visit VV it's just not possible. I am going to Baltimore in 4 weeks - for 4 weeks though. That is something I have had to do for 5 years but never gotten around to, and 2 trips overseas the same summer...well it's an impossibility. The flight overseas is fairly cheap, but to fly domestic is a...ehm, ripoff. Since I'm not working either. But I've heard that a lowprice company will be available for domestic flights from May 22nd.

Man, sometimes I wish money fell out of my arse. Only big bills - no coins. That would kind of hurt my poor

But feel free to let me know if you'll be on the northern east coast area in June..

Caves rock!

Hey, if you're going to Baltimore, that's only 4 hours from me. I'd gladly drive down to hang out.