Manhunt 2 BANNED in UK

Richard

The BBFC have rejected Manhunt 2, and so it is illegal for it to be sold in this country. This the first time in 10 years that a game has been banned in this country, and is in fact the 2nd game ever to be banned here - the other game being Carmageddon (which was later released anyway).

The BBFC think that the game is dangerous to be played, even by adults, because of the level of violence.

I am totally angry because I think adults should be able to choose what videogames they want to play. Additionally, this game is nothing compared to horror movies like Saw and Hostel, which had no controversy in this country, they just got 18 certificates.

No, it's on the PS2, not on the PC. American PS2 games will not work on UK machines. If it was on PC there'd be no probz

If I remember correctly there is a way to make them work. Im sure if you search google you can find it.

Yyyyeah there is, but as far as I know they involve taking the PS2 to bits

No, it's on the PS2, not on the PC. American PS2 games will not work on UK machines. If it was on PC there'd be no probz

If I remember correctly there is a way to make them work. Im sure if you search google you can find it.

Yyyyeah there is, but as far as I know they involve taking the PS2 to bits

well you do need to solder some stuff. But you should be able to find someone that can do it well for like 30 bucks or something

Yeah it is a possibility. But the game comes out on the 10th of July in America, and the 13th in Europe. So if it does come out in Europe, it'll be simpler to get it from there. If it's banned all over Europe, I'll have to do something else. Ahrrr, it's a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Banning a video game????? It's totally ridiculous!!! They allow movies that are much worse. Anyway, we're talking about freedom of the adult indivual. Banning something will only make it popular.(just like drugs i suppose). I remember the year that "trainspotting" the movie was released in Greece and there was much controversy wheather it should be banned. There was even a state public prosecutor that went to the theater and watched it so to decide about the film's chance in the cinemas. Needless to say that the film became a huge success only for this reason! Even school children went to see it

I sure bet that there won't be any problems of the game release in Greece. Here you rent grand theft auto or Hitman even if you're a minor (wich is not very good of course!).

Concerning PS2, i have chipped it. it plays everything from everywhere and all the copies.

• 2 weeks later...

The game has been given an M rating in America now, after cuts were made, and will be released on Halloween.

However, it is still banned here in the more important UK. Let's hope that they win the appeal against the BBFC rejection. Maybe they can submit the same cut version to the BBFC, and it might get through with an 18 then.

• 8 months later...