Intro

fyvel

Hello,

I've recently (finally) developed an interest in fitness that goes beyond going to the gym and plugging away on the elliptical a few days a week. As I approach my 30's I've begun to notice some interesting areas on my body i want to get rid of. I'm interested in getting a more toned body, with visible, lean muscles without too much bulk.

I was away from any type of workouts for almost a year due to life circumstances. I used to go to the gym, and when I no longer had access I started running until I hurt my knee (nothing too serious but painful enough for me to not want to aggravate it any more than I had to). I stopped running and got fairly busy ... ok no excuses. I just didn't make exercise a priority. I moved to the US from Canada and got myself a gym membership a few months ago. I was quite happy to just mostly attend yoga and other similar classes, with some elliptical and treadmill as my knee allowed. But somewhere along the line I decided I wanted more. I took advantage of the free introductory personal training session and got some tips on how to tone my arms a bit. I was taking it kind of easy until my boyfriend convinced me I needed to lift more weight (this was about a month ago). I upped the weight and after just a few sessions I was really impressed with the results. I wasn't expecting any results so quickly. So now I am just working away at that, but I think I will be getting bored soon and will be looking to mix it up a bit with some new exercises, as well as work on some more body parts.

I've lurked a bit here in the past, and I think that I have a lot to learn (and hopefully contribute!). I look forward to meeting you all (I recognize a few from another forum).

Thanks for the welcome

I'm originally from New Brunswick. I spent the last 3 years I was in Canada in Prince Edward Island because I was going to university there. I moved to Miami, FL in November of last year. I'm actually living in South Beach and I have to admit that having all those perfect bodies walking around is quite a bit of motivation to better myself, at least a little bit

Welcome! Thanks for joining our forum and for posting an intro. We have a fun group here and I really hope you enjoy the community.

I've been out there in Florida a bunch of times and I know we have a handful of forum members out in various parts of Florida.

Great to have you here! All the best and welcome aboard!

Thanks Robert! I wonder if there are any board members in the Miami Beach area? I'd love to meet up with some people since I am still relatively new to the area (and it's impossible to meet people here!)