Vegan Or Die?

C.O.

Here is a great question for forum members: With the increase of snake venoms being used in cancer treatments world wild would you (being vegan) allow the use of these treatments on yourself or would you risk missing out on a treatment that could save your life in order to uphold your vegan ethics?

Yes I know curiosity killed the cat but I thought it would spark an interesting conversation.

-CO

I would take it, allthough I'm trying my best not to get cancer in the first place.

All the same I will help my body to fight parasites and other living organisms that tries to do me harm. I'm also for vaccination-like solutions for eradicating harmful parasites and lifeforms.

Most, if not all, of us shouldn't have to worry about cancer. Vegans are so unlikely to get cancer, which is great because it's an awful disease. My Mom died of leukemia.

Anyway, that said, if I was in a life-threatening situation and needed to take something non-vegan to survive I would. For example, my vegan friend was in a coma several years ago. He fell three stories straight onto his head and went straight into a coma for 12 days. He's alright now (with some damage) but, anyway, the medicine he was given while on life support was most definitely tested on animals and some drips had whey in them.

I had not heard of snake venom being used in this way CO - got any links to info on this? I'd be very hesitant to try this, particularly without knowing that I could expect a very high chance of very signifigant improvement in my condition from taking the treatment. Depending on my age and physical condition, I'd strongly consider not doing any treatment at all and would certainly exhaust every other remedy before relying on this or most other "western" medical options.

Killing animals in order to survive, is totally different to killing animals for pleasure (eating). I think it's understandable to kill animals in order to preserve your own life. For me personally, I don't know what decision I'd make, but I imagine I'd want to save my own life.

I had not heard of snake venom being used in this way CO - got any links to info on this? I'd be very hesitant to try this, particularly without knowing that I could expect a very high chance of very signifigant improvement in my condition from taking the treatment. Depending on my age and physical condition, I'd strongly consider not doing any treatment at all and would certainly exhaust every other remedy before relying on this or most other "western" medical options.

I've actually given this a lot of thought, having lost my dad to cancer about 5 years ago. I think I would skip the snake venom and most other western treatments like chemotherapy. Of course, one serious reason to skip the treatment is the tremendous amount of animals that are tortured to death every year in the name of cancer research. Another is that the treatments often simply don't work. It didn't save my dad, although it did save his sister. I also have had two friends in the past who cured themselves of uterine cancer using clean vegan diets and herbs. I often wonder how many people get cancer and their body fights it off without them ever even realizing they have it.

So yeah, if I get cancer I'll likely be checking out. I'm somewhat okay with that, we're all going to die anyway. I see little point in torturing and killing other beings in the deranged hope that we might live a little longer. Turn on, tune in and drop out. Go live your lives now and maybe death will not be so horrifying.

I was asked this same question (albeit much less coherently and rather less constructively) by a Vivisectionist who was trolling my forum, over in this topic about why animal abuse is a medical catastrphe

He had asked :

Let me ask you some thing. What would even a snake injects you with it's venom. Would you get the treatment to live or would you die in the most horrible pain?

And i had replied, saying :

I assume that the question is :

"If a poisonous snake injected you with venom, would you get the treatment to live or would you die in the most horrible pain ?"

I have yet to ever encounter a poisonous snake, and I certainly wouldn;t go harassing any enough to get bitten if I ever did.

So, i don't think i really need to concern myself over this issue, somehow.

A better question to consider is :

"How would you feel if you were injected by poisonous venom by a snake, and there is no treatment because medical researchers have wasted so much time and energy abusing animals, instead of trying to find a cure for the venom by testing on human cells ?"