Gemma Protein Isolate. Anyone try it yet?

sugapablo

Gemma Protein Isolate Powder is extremely high in Leucine, Arginine, and Glutamine, along with a balanced amino profile. It is clean tasting, and mixes extremely smoothly with a lighter texture than Whey powders.

Gemma Protein Isolate is derived and isolated from peas and its natural protein fraction, which possesses a low level of denaturing and is very soluable (mixes very well). Gemma is NON-GMO, low allergenic and gluten free.

As dairy prices continue to rise, vegetable-based products like the new Gemma Protein will begin to change the protein industry.

The bioavailability of this product is at approximately 90-95%.

Has anyone tried this yet? Perhaps tried other pea proteins? I'm just looking for some feedback on this stuff, which is priced right.

(Speaking of price, Vega is like $5/serving here locally. Ouch!)

• 2 weeks later...

cubby,

Are you talking about the website trueprotein?? That is a website that I've found that has tons of customization options, great prices and lets you even choose a food grade bag instead of plastic container. And they sell Hemp also. From what I saw Gemma is made by Neutraceuticals and I didn't see where they sold it directly through the company.

So.... did we ever get anyone that has tasted this yet? I am going to buy some probably in the next couple of weeks. The Pea Protein by Pure Advantage is the most ing thing ever, so hopefully this is a little more palatable.

cubby,

Are you talking about the website trueprotein?? That is a website that I've found that has tons of customization options, great prices and lets you even choose a food grade bag instead of plastic container. And they sell Hemp also. From what I saw Gemma is made by Neutraceuticals and I didn't see where they sold it directly through the company.

So.... did we ever get anyone that has tasted this yet? I am going to buy some probably in the next couple of weeks. The Pea Protein by Pure Advantage is the most ing thing ever, so hopefully this is a little more palatable.

Yes, I am talking about trueprotein.com. I plan on buying some of their Gemma protein at some point. I love their customization options. Also, they are working on some new protein supplement that they are talking up extensively on the forums there. This, combined with their belief that plant protein is the future of supplementation has me excited that it will be vegan and may help to convert some non-believers in vegan diets.

• 2 weeks later...
I am buying some this weekend, I'll let everyone know whats up when I get it.

Zack,

Did you get any sweeteners added? How are the shakes coming out and what are you using? I ordered mine plain and I figure I'll use some Stevia, fruit, water, ice and a few tablespoons of vanilla soymilk for flavor.

I am buying some this weekend, I'll let everyone know whats up when I get it.

Zack,

Did you get any sweeteners added? How are the shakes coming out and what are you using? I ordered mine plain and I figure I'll use some Stevia, fruit, water, ice and a few tablespoons of vanilla soymilk for flavor.

I haven't gotten any, I'm waiting until my dad uses up his whey. Then I'm going to try to convince him to switch to the pea. I have had pure advantage vanilla pea protein, I absolutely loved it, let me know how it turns out for you.

I got some from true protein. Actually got it a little over a week ago and its all gone! So i ordered 2 more lbs this morning. The lb I polished off was the orange juice indulgence or something along those lines. No sweeteners, nothing added. It was alright. This time i ordered it with stevia and got the same with the banana chocolate. We'll see how that one is.

I got some from true protein. Actually got it a little over a week ago and its all gone! So i ordered 2 more lbs this morning. The lb I polished off was the orange juice indulgence or something along those lines. No sweeteners, nothing added. It was alright. This time i ordered it with stevia and got the same with the banana chocolate. We'll see how that one is.

So how is the chocolate banana.

I ordered it plain without sweeteners and let me tell ya it's pretty gross the way I prepared it... LOL. I might have to switch to Splenda cuz its sweeter. I like to do Stevia because it's natural but that stuff was pretty nasty! It's cheap though so I'm going to force it down my throat if it makes me gag everytime.

Stevia is delicious. I like vanilla flavored proteins.

Yeah, but you also like Pure Advantage Pea Protein, so your just plain weird.

Seriously, that stuff takes like vomit in a cup. If you like Pure Advantage Pea Protein you will have no trouble gagging this stuff down -- it's definitely better than that.

Stevia is delicious. I like vanilla flavored proteins.

Yeah, but you also like Pure Advantage Pea Protein, so your just plain weird.

Seriously, that stuff takes like vomit in a cup. If you like Pure Advantage Pea Protein you will have no trouble gagging this stuff down -- it's definitely better than that.

You should have seen me at Robert's I was just eating the pea protein by itself...haha

Honestly, I can't stand any of the protein powders except soy and rice (although it's not as complete as soy). I just used up my last container of hemp protein and the hubby is very glad (I always make him a smoothie along with mine). We had to give the Vega to someone on the forum - we couldn't cover up the taste. More power to all of you who can eat those powders!

I had some MLO rice protein and it was sweet. I loved it but the other times i've had it it was not sweet. Vega is great too, especially that chocolate kind. I eat it right out of the package. Love it! The orange juice indulgence gemma stuff was fine too, barely any taste at all. Nothing noxious. I am not sure about the banana stuff yet since it has not arrived and UPS likes to always always come right after I head out to go to work. I had to drive down to their distribution center, half an hour from my house to pick up my stuff. It was a huge SNAFU, but I made good use of the trip. anyhow i look forward to trying the new flavor. Also gemma seems to be very digestible by me. Soy isolate really messes with me, if i'm going to be alone all night then I dont really mind, but if there will be others around I dont like its effects. I did get acid soothe and that works well. I recommend it for gas problems.

This stuff is so gross!!!! LOL. I can't believe I ordered three pounds plain.

CollegeB, let me know how the chocolate banana is. I may be forced to order a seperate flavor packet from the company. Choking down all 3 lbs of this without the flavoring is gonna be painful!!!!

It's delicious, quit whining!

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED IT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man... ya turn 20 and you get all cocky

It's pea protein isolate, what more could you ask for?

Are you one of those goofy people that mixes the powder and water only?

Smoothie= required.