Expiration Date on Soymilk?

veggieprincess

So yesterday I was at the 99 cent store and they had a bunch of half gallon containers of 8th Continent Soymilk which is a really expensive brand in the supermarkets so I bought about 8 of them.

The expiration date is December 23rd. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to finish all of those by the 23rd, so how long do you think I have to consume those before they go bad?

Usually from what I have heard those dates are quite early. Manufacturers like to make them early to cover their butts and possibly to get you to throw it out and buy more. You should have at least a few weeks beyond the date. Check it by smelling it. When it goes bad it is supposed to have a sour smell.

They'll definitely be fine. I have Cliff bars that are two years over. They just have to put a date down...even canned food. Also for a while I worked for Calvin Klein and gave out free cologne and perfume samples(this was my first job). I also had to restock. When we recieved new product we put it behind the old stuff and even that had a date(it was coded and I needed to use a scanner) and I was supposed to throw away a couple hundred dollars of product every month. Its pretty rediculous. That soymilk will probably last over a year past its date unless its stored in a really warm place.

• 2 weeks later...