NEW eBook Available!!!

drjoe

From the link:

The Accommodation Avoidance System

by

Joe DeMarco, B.S., D.C.

2007 NPC Lightweight Masters National Bodybuilding Champion

Never stop making progress in the gym! The Accomodation Avoidance System will teach you how to avoid training plateaus and build quality muscle. Learn the techniques that natural vegan bodybuilder, Joe DeMarco, used to win the GNC NPC Masters Nationals Championship (lightweight).

Cool that the book is out there! I know there are a bunch of vegan athletes working on book projects at the moment so it's nice to know some are being completed already.

About the whey........maybe he's getting rid of an old stash of it? Don't know. I know nothing about e-bay, but I'd like to learn since I think it is a good way to make good business.

Non vegan clients can shop anywhere. Every vegan restaurant has non vegan clients but they don't need to carry chicken or cheese on the menu...if they do its not a vegan restaurant...and therefore even if the person that owns the business no animal products he's just a strict vegetarian...not a vegan by a long shot.

Non vegan clients can shop anywhere. Every vegan restaurant has non vegan clients but they don't need to carry chicken or cheese on the menu...if they do its not a vegan restaurant...and therefore even if the person that owns the business no animal products he's just a strict vegetarian...not a vegan by a long shot.

Not exactly sure what that babble is exactly about however I will respond anyways. I am in the gym and supplement business. I also have partners in that business. They are not vegans. Therefore, I can't always have things exactly my way. If that makes me a "non vegan" in your eyes, so be it.

I think potter's point is that non-vegans can use a vegan supplement if they want. I personally can't imagine working alongside non-vegans in that kind of situation, where they would try to coerce you into having non-vegan things for sale, it must be a real pain the ass. What is their response when you try to have 100% vegan stuff?

I think potter's point is that non-vegans can use a vegan supplement if they want. I personally can't imagine working alongside non-vegans in that kind of situation, where they would try to coerce you into having non-vegan things for sale, it must be a real pain the ass. What is their response when you try to have 100% vegan stuff?

My partnerships were made prior to becoming a vegan. So, therefore, those relationships had already been established. And, yes it is difficult at times dealing with them. However, I feel that I am mature enough to deal with it.

How long has this been in motion??? You don't have any Ebay feedback. Anyhow tons of non vegan people take things like VEGA and NOW supplements(much of the product they make is vegan without trying) without thinking about it. There is no need for any of that crap. Plus if you advocate a plant based diet in the book(I have no idea if you do or not) its a very strong conflict of interest regaurdless of ethics...purely on diet. Think of the China Study being sold by the writers on ebay while selling Hamburger Helper on the same page.

How long has this been in motion??? You don't have any Ebay feedback. Anyhow tons of non vegan people take things like VEGA and NOW supplements(much of the product they make is vegan without trying) without thinking about it. There is no need for any of that crap. Plus if you advocate a plant based diet in the book(I have no idea if you do or not) its a very strong conflict of interest regaurdless of ethics...purely on diet. Think of the China Study being sold by the writers on ebay while selling Hamburger Helper on the same page.

I have deleted my reply and apologize to everyone (including veganpotter) who may have read it. It set a tone of bad karma for the day and I'm sorry.

Edited by drjoe

Don't make your non vegan business on the site then...this a a vegan forum. We have non vegans here but they aren't showing us non vegan things to promote. Anyhow I wasn't a terrible site when I was big despite the fact that I didn't care what I looked like. I wanted to be good and I was. I've recieved medals at national championships events, was an all-american athlete with over a dozen full scholarship offers to major Universities, and recieved a few college athlete of the week awards for my conferance. I was no joke. Plus power wasn't my goal...throwing far was which means lifting was supplemental. I also threw 2-3 hours a day and was basically a child when I was that strong. If I were still doing this now and was 300lbs I would at minimum be benching 450lb and squatting 750lbs without strength being my main concern...and this is relatively weak for the level I would have been competing at. A person I beat a few times is now a World Championship Medalist(Christian Cantwell)...he benches 600lbs and I threw better than he did before I was injured. Anyway I had to be fast, flexible, have good balance and be an overall athlete. Plus your very short and much older...its much easier to do those lifts when your short and near peak power age...I figured you'd know that. Anyhow I've had my own business for 4 years and I know how a vegan business works. I've also been a board member for two large non profits so its not like I'm a dumb young moron that doesn't know anyting.

Anyway I'd think you'd find a lot of people here agree with me more than you on this. Selling a non-vegan product in your store is very much on the fringe...as is emptying gelatin capsules for whats inside...whats the point of that anyway...gelatin does pretty much nothing for you(good or bad)...its just not vegan...like you.

Don't make your non vegan business on the site then...this a a vegan forum. We have non vegans here but they aren't showing us non vegan things to promote. Anyhow I wasn't a terrible site when I was big despite the fact that I didn't care what I looked like. I wanted to be good and I was. I've recieved medals at national championships events, was an all-american athlete with over a dozen full scholarship offers to major Universities, and recieved a few college athlete of the week awards for my conferance. I was no joke. Plus power wasn't my goal...throwing far was which means lifting was supplemental. I also threw 2-3 hours a day and was basically a child when I was that strong. If I were still doing this now and was 300lbs I would at minimum be benching 450lb and squatting 750lbs without strength being my main concern...and this is relatively weak for the level I would have been competing at. A person I beat a few times is now a World Championship Medalist(Christian Cantwell)...he benches 600lbs and I threw better than he did before I was injured. Anyway I had to be fast, flexible, have good balance and be an overall athlete. Plus your very short and much older...its much easier to do those lifts when your short and near peak power age...I figured you'd know that. Anyhow I've had my own business for 4 years and I know how a vegan business works. I've also been a board member for two large non profits so its not like I'm a dumb young moron that doesn't know anyting.

Anyway I'd think you'd find a lot of people here agree with me more than you on this. Selling a non-vegan product in your store is very much on the fringe...as is emptying gelatin capsules for whats inside...whats the point of that anyway...gelatin does pretty much nothing for you(good or bad)...its just not vegan...like you.

I have deleted my response and would like to say "I'm sorry" to everyone who may have read it, including veganpotter. Peace.

Edited by drjoe

Come on dudes, let's keep it civil. Whilst I agree that promoting whey on this forum would be a bad move, and it is regretable that whey is being sold at all, I don't think that Dr Joe has specifically promoted whey in his posts, he was promoting his book, and the store as a whole rather than specifically whey. Joe presumably knows that people from this forum who visit the store would not buy the whey - sales of whey are not going to go up because he has a link to his store in his signature.