Ingrid Newkirk/Peta Doc on HBO, "I am an animal"

joelbct

Watched it today, anyone else see this? It comes across from a pretty journalistic, relatively objective perspective, and at times seems compassionate to the animals, at times, just slightly mocking of and shocked by Newkirk.

They did, at least, give Newkirk a fair chance to state her views and beliefs, although probably at times took her out of context to make her look slightly absurd.

Bill Maher came across very well, as sane, professional, but deeply concerned.

Reps of more moderate animal rights groups were featured criticizing PETA for doing more harm than good, by giving the AR opponents the chance to characterize AR activists as nuts and extremists...

Personally, I think the cause is best benefitted by a broad spectrum of groups, from HSUS-type pet groups, to peta, to even more radical groups, and everything in between...

And I suppose the fact remains, most people have heard of PETA, and PETA has effected tangible change. I'm not sure the same can be said for many of those more moderate groups....

Actually she comes out looking quite good compared to the way most people view her. I wouldn't say she looked bad at all...regardless of if she is or not.

You should see it before you judge.