Carrots?

dontxhide

You won't be able to physically eat that many carrots. I've never had it happen to me anyways. I've had up to 30 carrots in the form of juice everyday for a while and still never happened. To me, that makes about as much sense as turning green from spinach. I've heard it can happen, just never seen it.

I was doing 1-2 x 32ounce carrot juices from Jamba Juice every day and did notice a slight orange tinge appearing in my palms, but I am darker complexion so it wasn't visible anywhere else.

I looked into it online, and the orange tinge is in no way harmful, it will just make you stand out a little! You have eat a lot of them for this to happen though. In my research I also disovered that some deaths have occured from overdoing carrot juice. In one of the deaths, the person consumers over a gallon a day of carrot juice for a month.....

Death shouldn't occur unless you are getting toxic levels of preformed vitamin A (animal-based). All plant-based vitamin A is in precursor form so your body won't make more than it can use. Maybe there exists a condition that would allow your body to make toxic levels of vitamin A from precursors, but I haven't heard of it.

I read somewhere that if you eat too many carrots you turn orange? How many is too many?

I think that happens if you drink carrot juice. I don't think most people would be willing to EAT the amount of carrots necessary ( or able )

I bag of carrots == 1 tall glass of juice I can guzzle in half a minute. I can't see myself eating an entire bag of carrots.

Death shouldn't occur unless you are getting toxic levels of preformed vitamin A (animal-based). All plant-based vitamin A is in precursor form so your body won't make more than it can use. Maybe there exists a condition that would allow your body to make toxic levels of vitamin A from precursors, but I haven't heard of it.

Is the precursor water soluble too? That's something I've always wondered.

I have seen this before with some of my e's gymnastics teamates...she told me they were only eating carrots to keep their weight down. They didn't look like oranges but you could really see the tint.