Always feeling weak/fatigued

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not,it is said that fasting helps underweight people gain weight..

lol...

serious?

I don't know myself but thats what the link i gave says...

"Water fasting is an effective preliminary to gaining weight. Water fasting is abstention entirely or in part, and for longer or shorter periods of time, from food and drink or from food alone.

No weight is gained while the water fast is in progress. The body must lose weight, when it goes without food. The changes produced by water fasting, effect the body's ability to handle food. Water fasting increases the ability of the cells to take up and appropriate nutrient materials. Water fasting helps you gain more weight on less food. Water fasting improves the appetite and the body's ability and powers to digest, absorb, assimilate and utilize food. Water fasting gives the body a physiological rest and helps it to recoup its vitality and nervous energy. Water fasting helps to purify the tissues and clear them of their metabolic wastes. Water fasting will enable the body to utilize the nutrients provided, in order to build up compact and more healthy tissues. When eating is resumed, new tissue is rapidly built up. Water fasting restores not only the weight that was lost, but goes beyond that point, if the food intake is unrestricted, after water fasting. The rate of metabolism is materially increased by a water fast. This means that the cells are more active and oxidize more food. Enough additional food is eaten, not only to support the increased metabolism, but causes the persons who water fast, to attain a greater weight than they had carried before water fasting. This effect lasts for a long time after the water fast. This is the effect partly of the recuperation of the digestive organs through physiological rest and partly of the demand of the body for more food."

I don't think your body is strong enough to fight whatever you got from the food poisoning. You should go in and get it looked at. Three days, and in your case more, of diarrhea is not good.

Dehydration in your body sets in around the third day (as well as an electrolyte imbalance) as it tries to flood out your intestines and colon to get rid of the bacteria that has invaded. Next time you should do some probiotics to fight the bacteria in the intestines and colon, cause now they are making a community in your body and laughing at the attempt your antibiodies and white immune blood cell are trying to attack them. You may be too weak in producing enough white blood cells to attack vigorously (not only not eating enough, but stress from your job can also make your immune system not optimal).

• 2 weeks later...

I sill don't know what to do, from 2PM to 6 or 7PM I'm dead

now my daily diet:

breakfast: lots of vegetables with full grain bread, and a cup of oatmeal

in school: an apple, and 2 veggie burger

when I get home an apple and two kiwis

after an hour 2 or 3 bananas this is pre-workout meal to, but I can't lift high weight because I'm soo sleepy

post-workout: soy with green leafy vegetables

if I don't workout than I eat raw potatoes and some veggies and a cup of oatmeal

2 hours before going to sleep, green lefy vegetables+ nuts and seeds in it(mixed in soy milk)

what could be still the problem?

edit: I use olive oil on the veggies, and the veggies burgers, and in the green drink

I dont know if anyone else posted this and not to freak out the original poster but ...these symptoms all sound like my niece who was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and also enemia. Have these things been ruled out by your physician ?

I was tested twice for thyroid complications, all negative. Same with anemia. The only thing that keeps showing up in protein in my urine, and a low white blood cell count.

I don't think your body is strong enough to fight whatever you got from the food poisoning. You should go in and get it looked at. Three days, and in your case more, of diarrhea is not good.

Dehydration in your body sets in around the third day (as well as an electrolyte imbalance) as it tries to flood out your intestines and colon to get rid of the bacteria that has invaded. Next time you should do some probiotics to fight the bacteria in the intestines and colon, cause now they are making a community in your body and laughing at the attempt your antibiodies and white immune blood cell are trying to attack them. You may be too weak in producing enough white blood cells to attack vigorously (not only not eating enough, but stress from your job can also make your immune system not optimal).

Well, the stomach virus I had finally passed. It knocked me on my ass for a good week, and I ended up spending a day in the hospital.

• 4 months later...

Glad your acute problem passed. How has your situation improved? Good general advice for almost anyone is to shift most eating toward the morning and midday and allow the gut to rest at night. Also, stress management is important and there are a lot of techniques and strategies for that, such as meditation, yoga, etc. Sprouts as a dietary staple are good for most folks too! Take care.

Glad your acute problem passed. How has your situation improved? Good general advice for almost anyone is to shift most eating toward the morning and midday and allow the gut to rest at night. Also, stress management is important and there are a lot of techniques and strategies for that, such as meditation, yoga, etc. Sprouts as a dietary staple are good for most folks too! Take care.

I've had 2 more episodes since May. I had more lab work done, and everything came back normal. My physician has no idea whats going on. They diagnosed it as gastroenteritis once again.

• 14 years later...

Feeling weak or fatigued can be a sign of many different underlying health issues. It's essential to identify the root cause of the problem so that you can address it effectively. One potential reason for feeling weak or fatigued is physical exhaustion. If you've been over-exerting yourself physically, why does my body feel heavy and weak, making it difficult to carry out daily tasks? To address this, it's essential to take rest breaks throughout the day, prioritize sleep and establish a regular exercise routine. Another possible cause of weakness or fatigue is poor nutrition. If your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs, you may feel weak or fatigued. To address this, it's important to eat a balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.