wot?!

threeloaves

I used to know someone; years ago that was anorexic, and on the verge of death a number of times. It baffled me that someone could torture themselves that badly. Until I became one of those people.

I've been vegetarian for about 6 years. Just this past year I've found myself leaning more toward a vegan diet, and lifestyle. It wasn't something I necessarily intended to do, but I realized that most of the food I was consuming was vegan. And, that I was becoming more conscientious of my surroundings - socially, politically, etc. Anyway, I became completely obsessed with food, calories, working out, etc.

I was weighing in around 116lbs. and totally convinced that I was a load. I would go from days of not eating to eating all day long. I was lifting, and doing tons of cardio. It was never enough. My routine was running a few miles in the evening, getting up early the next morning to run a few more then lifting in the afternoon - repeat. It was awful, and I was never satisfied.

Rather than let this get lengthy, and sound anymore pitiful I'll cap it off. Basically, I joined here ( rather than continue to lurk ) to get over this crap, and get refocused. This seems like a great community, and I appreciate all the responses, and help I've received so far. Hopefully I can return the favor.

Hey,

Yea, you gotta be careful between distinguishing a routine cleanse or fast and being obsessive about it. At one point, at the end of a 2 week fast (one of several last year) ; i weighed in at 128lbs and i am 6'0". That is definitely not healthy. Especially when i averaged 170lbs on my leanest (sub 5%) when i was resistance training. I basically let my body eat up all of the lean muscle I had built up over many years and for what, i was over cleansing and too obsessed with being thin. So i can surely sympathize with you.

I welcome you to the boards and if you have any questions please ask around. I have received immediate help concerning anything I had a question about and whenever I know something and see an unanswered post, I try and give back the same.

Nowadays I actually tend to overeat often as a result of last year and although I average 195-200 pounds and a 36" waist; i still feel it is healthier and my body is better off this way. I realize i am a little on the heavier side and so that is why i am here; to try and change that and get super fit again, drop 20-30lbs and put on some solid muscle.

Feel free to post your progress, i would love to see what's up.

Welcome to the forum

I have varying issues with weight as well. Its quite a tough battle isn't it? For me though its a constant desire to over eat...but instead I pretty much force myself to always be a little hungry...I'm still barely under 200lbs though but I'd be 300 again if I ate like I wanted to.

It's nice to meet you Wot?! I think it is great that you made the step forward, to join in with us here on the boards. I think it is good to share experiences with one another and to make some friends with similar ethics and goals. You've come to a good place! Welcome!

With Deepest Bows in Your Direction, Palms Together,

jonzen