ARE YOU SERIOUS???

BodhiDave85

People eat pigs feet in the south just like this...you can also get chicken feet like that too. I think the problem with food is that separation from the animal. If more food looked like the animal...there may be more people that wouldn't eat it.

I've eaten dog before and it really isn't any different. The big thing is that everyone knows dogs...nobody knows cows but if they did I think many minds would change...obviously not all but many.

• 4 weeks later...
In China, it is customary to make their meat dishes like that to remind them they are eating something that was once alive.

Still gross though.

Yes, and they think that people here are freaks when they don´t want to see the whole animal

People eat all kinds of animals. Cat's Dogs, Birds, Fish, Insects, Even each other.

As much as I want to think that in the future everyone will be Vegan I have doubts that mankind will ever change this drastically. Especially after hearing the crazy things people eat.

In Texas they eat the brain of squirrels, in Asia they kill baby monkeys in front of their mothers, to eat the baby monkey brains after. In Europe it's common to eat pigeons. In America, duck liver is refined.

They eat all kind of animals and they use all atoms of it, no waste. The waste is taking the life from the animal. Tongues, eyes, chin, cartilage, muzzle, everything goes in hot-dogs, gelatin, cosmetics, medecine, clothes, everything, while people don't even know. They don't know that they've all been eating animal brain, guts, rectum and sexual organs for years.

I've read a fascinating book written by vegetarian Daniele Starenkyj, telling all the secrets behind this industry founded on death. I think it's hard to find in English, but the title of the book in French is "Quand Manger Rend Fou, les protéines infectieuses" (infectious proteins, when to eat drives crazy).

Edited by I'm Your Man

In Texas they eat the brain of squirrels,.

Although I'm not a native Texan, I can honestly say that in over 15 years I've never heard of anyone here eating squirrel brains

Texas gits a bad rap sometimes but it's not THAT bad, lol.

I don't know, never been there, but that's what I've read. The book said many people were dying because of infected prion proteins from those squirrels, so maybe they finally decided to stop eating that. Maybe they stopped eating that in the 70's or so, I'll try to borrow that book again to check.

This book is serious and very well documented, not just to cause sensation. The author shows sources for everything she writes for proofs.. Nothing so exceptionnal to eat squirrel brains, if we think that today in America's fancy restaurants they serve animal brains, bigger animals than squirrels though. If it's uncommon, than it's classy or it appeals some to try it.

I don't know about Texas but I know my brother in law's father used to eat squirrel with his buddies all the time(he's from Arkansas).