Nintendo DS VS. Sony PSP

Dr. Pink

Personally I prefer the Nintendo DS( Lite version now ) Although I've had a PSP before I don't really find it special.

The graphics of the PSP are superior to the DS and it can do things the DS can't do( Not without flash carts and homebrew ) But where the PSP lacks is gameplay, game library and battery life( I think the battery is like 6-8 hours )

But even with it's superior Graphics the Graphics of the Nintendo DS are not bad. In fact they are like Nintendo 64 Graphics( And in many ways slightly superior ) And I do like the touch screen aspect. I think it adds something special to the DS.

So far I only have a small list of games. Super Mario 64 DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters and Dementium: The Ward.

I want to get Nintendogs soon( I would get purr pals as I like kittens more but I heard as a game Nintendogs is better )

Now as for games I'd like to see made to fully utilize the touch screen.

Google Earth, A stress Reliving game( Where you play god and you take your anger out on the people ) and maybe a few more non-game games( Like a PDA )

Which do you prefer? PSP or DS?

Can't say I've played the PSP, but I can't do without my DS Lite. I bought one last year to take on flights and road trips since we travel a lot in the spring and summer, and I can safely say I've gotten my money's worth.

I don't get to play a lot, but I sneak in 30-60 minutes before bedtime playing something a few nights per week. Except for when I bought Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, which caused my wife to tell me that I'd rather be married to the game than to her for the 10 days that I played it

I'm kind of a dork for all the non-action stuff, lots of puzzle and sudoku type games that I (hope) are actually making me use my brain a bit more.

I feel the same way about my DS Lite. I've played Phantom Hourglass before. Beat it and loooved it. I mostly enjoyed the sailing.

the controls of the DS are what draws me to it most of all. PSP to me is just a typical machine but the DS is revolutionary. It really shows how Nintendo thinks outside of the box to create new ways to play.

^ You win a billion cool points

PSP's are far too expensive. The only reason I've ever seen people get them are to hack them. In terms of what the system actually offers without 3rd person/homebrews, the DS wins by far.

True. That's why I got/had a PSP. but sadly I was never able to hack it.

And also technically you can homebrew on the Nintendo DS. In fact the DS is actually more Homebrew friendly then the PSP( I've seen some pretty sweet homebrew applications like PDA,s, Art Programs and even a physics simulator which allowed you to draw object/landscapes and watch them interact ) You can also play movies, music and Emulators on DS( If you have the right equipment) and considering the awesome battery life of the DS you can enjoy said homebrew for a loooong time.