When the Wolfe knocks on your door.......

robert

• 3 weeks later...

I strive to be raw as much as I can, but I dislike David Wolfe very much. A raw foods chef told me to pick up one of his books, The Sunfood Diet Success System. So I bought it, and he made something thats supposed to be a simple dietary choice, and changed it to a religion. I stopped after about 5 chapters.

He bothers me.

Although, his supposed "raw olives" taste amazing. They are always out of stock at Good Earth.

I remember reading once when he was asked about what he is eating mostly right now and he claimed to be living almost exclusively on chocolate.

He uses chocolate in every one of his smoothies, but he puts alot of other stuff in it also. Even if he lived on only Chocolate that's better than 99.99 percent of the world. It's loading with vitamins and minerals and is the highest anti oxidant food on the planet

Even if he lived on only Chocolate that's better than 99.99 percent of the world.

NAH

couture, defender of the wolfe!

I don't see why alot of people bash him. He seems like a good guy and i really like reading his books and watching his video clips.

I wouldn't say he's a moron. He's a extremely intelligent guy. Most the stuff he says is true, but some things are a big out there

The big issue I have is that some of the stuff he says just isn't true or is just plain insane. He sometimes goes on and on and on to the point where he's so far out there almost everything he says is beyond ridiculous.

I'm much more a fan of Victoria Boutenko who actually does scholarly research and can site actual sources for the things she says. I would NEVER take someone who "wanted to learn more about raw foods" to hear David speak but would never hesitate to take them to hear Victoria.

Most of the stuff he says does make sense but most of the stuff everyone says makes sense when you consider making sense 51% of the time as the standard for intelligence. Even the cookiest person is right 51% of the time.

As for Butchenko a lot of the things she says makes sense but at the same time her family doesn't look very healthy to me....her family doesn't look like a healthy example of the results of raw foodism.

Boutenko is just as full of crap.

She says, if you are 99% raw you only absorb like 20% of the nutrients in your food. If you are 100% raw, you absorb 99% or somethign like that.

outrageous!

Edited by Zack

you know as much as I rag on the guy in jest he gives out alot of good information. Yes at times he goes off on crazy tangents about weird philosophical beliefs and attempts to pass of his science as actual fact but it's like anything. You take what you need and leave the rest. Nutrition is a topic no one will ever agree on 100%; ever been to a nutrition panel lecture? They get pretty heated and not everyone sees eye to eye on everything.

The person whom I (and many notable others) look up to and respect the most is Dr. David Jubb, founder of the 'life food' movement http://lifefood.com/Health_Education.html. If you know anything about him, he also has been known to have very radical views on many things and is hated on for the same reasons that David Wolfe is. His voice isn't as widespread as Wolfe but if it was, I can guarantee you that Jubb would catch more heat than him. I have been to some of his lectures in which I am thinking to myself, what the heck is this guy talking about and who does he expect will think its valid? Nevertheless, I highly admire him for the competent, logical and noteworthy speeches on things that do make sense and which most other health gurus do not discuss.

All that being said GIMME ORMUS OR GIMME DEATH!