Rapid healing with raw food.

So, I just wanted to share an experience with you all...

A few days ago I was heating up some water in a kettle, for some tea.

And when I was pouring the water into my cup I got a pretty bad steam burn

on my right index knuckle. About the size of a quarter.

I ran some cold water over it for awhile because it HURT.

It was a 2nd degree burn/the kind that creates a boil.

Anyhow, that night, I watched it become a water blister very quickly..

then it went white, then red, and by the evening of the next day; the

burn was completely gone!!

Insane!

I wish I would have taken a picture....

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing??

I've certainly experienced this before. The degree of damage cannot be estimated by the amount of initial pain or redness or swellling/blistering. Putting cool water on it immediately was the best treatment - it stopped any further heat damage.

perhaps you healed faster because you're raw foodist, but I think (I'm not sure) hot water on skin takes less time to heal than direct contact between let's say skin and overheated metal. I have some burns of that type for lifetime. Try with hot metal instead of water or even fire, experiment some stuff and tell us, LOl. But maybe electricity, water, fire leave all the same traces and needs same time to heal.

For the first time in my life I don't have a single white spot on my fingernails. My teeth used to have discolored enamel spots from too much flouride as a child (in the city water AND mom put flouride drops in my juice in the morning for some reason). Those spots have disappeared within the last year. My hair and fingernails are growing faster, and thicker than ever before. Old acne scars on my back, neck, and shoulders have disappeared within the last year as well. Pretty amazing. I wouldn't believe if I did not experience it first hand.

I wouldn't believe if I did not experience it first hand.

That's a major point. The reason why meat eaters don't understand it's possible to live and live healthier on a vegan diet and will never believe it's true is because they need to experience it. Even myself I couldn't believe those saying we don't need any animal products. I tried not because I believed it was possible, only because I wanted to try, and to respect animals, then I discovered more and more that it is true.

My acne went away when I went vegan too. It used to be really bad. My nails grow a lot faster too.. Which I don't really like cuz I like em short

The more raw I eat, the healthier I feel. On days where I go grocery shopping I pick up tons of veggies and fruits and eat them all raw. Then I run out and start eating more cooked stuff and feel pooey again. I don't drive so running out to the store usually involves me walking in the freezing cold wind and rain, or bumming a ride off somebody.

Getting rid of dairy caused your acne to go away, not raw foods.

Not necessarily.

If I remember correctly, Miss Tonya Kay suffered from acne/skin problems

up until she went raw.

It's about removing the cause.

Acne is caused by excess acidity and waste within the human body, not

dairy, not greasy food, etc. Acne happens when the body has

no other means for detoxing excess waste(did you know just your skin

pumps out 2-5 lbs. of waste per day! pretty crazy...)

If you'd like "proof" of this.. just go and get a colonic, your skin

will become incredibly soft

---

Also, my hair grows INSANELY fast... (nearly an inch per month!), and this

has only been happening since I've been eating raw foods

I'd be curious as to your raw food diet and experiance becasue i'm a raw foodist allso and i'm allways curious as to what others are doing. I'm allways trying to improve on what i'm doing.

Here is a link to a post that describes alittle bit about my history..

viewtopic.php?t=6106

If you read thru it, I mention a few of the things I've overcome

because of raw food/change of mindset.

Currently, I eat primarily fruitarian. It is what my body wants right now,

tho I don't juice as much as I would like. I blend a lot of my foods, and

focus on proper food combining...

I can of course go much more into detail about all of this,

I've been raw for 4 1/2 years (consistently) now. Vegan for 13 years

before that, and Vegetarian since birth.

Hope that info helps.

Very good story!! I have a similar story with depression and anxiety except mine is 100 percent doctor induced(long story). I've been off all drugs for over 2 years and i'm much better now than before, but i still have a long ways to go. I started messing around with raw foods a year and a half ago and have been 100 percent for the last 5 months. So do things keep getting better? becasue right now i feel as though i'm kinda staying the same and i never had the typical detox symtoms that alot of people have. I'm not like alot of raw foodist that are kinda junk food raw foodist(even though no raw food is a junk food compared to SAD) I've been eatting mostly green foods