Raw Chocolate

How do you prepare Raw Coco Beans into rich Chocolate?( Assuming I can even find Coco Beans in stores ) Considering it's health benefits i'd think it would make a worthy addition to any Raw Diet.

The best way is to get the raw Cocoa Powder and add them to drinks. You can also eat the nibs, but those are very boring tasting without a sweetner. Some health food stores have them, but there very expensive. It's best to get it on the net.

You can get it in powder from, or the Cocoa Bean or the nibs. Not sure if you could do that. I know that if your making smoothies it's not that great to use the whole Cocoa nut or nib becasue it cakes up to the top. If your expecting the chocolate taste you've been used to your whole life your going to be a little dissapointed. It's pretty dull tasting becasue it has 0 grams of sugar. I'd recommend getting the powder and messing around with different smoothies

My original idea was to use various fresh fruits to add into the smoothy( Along with freshly made Soymilk ) I figured I could find the right mixture of fruit, Soy, Chocolate to give it a taste. Maybe not the same as using refined or organic sugar. But still better then coco plain.

If I can find fresh Hemp I'll use it. But doubtful since Hemp is what makes Marijuana. And with my diet I like to handle all my food from scratch so I can know where it comes from. I wash everything. Even Almonds. I could use Almond Milk. But I'm not sure what the protein levels are. I prefer Soy when it comes to Protein. Unless Peas have more protein.

If I can find fresh Hemp I'll use it. But doubtful since Hemp is what makes Marijuana. And with my diet I like to handle all my food from scratch so I can know where it comes from. I wash everything. Even Almonds. I could use Almond Milk. But I'm not sure what the protein levels are. I prefer Soy when it comes to Protein. Unless Peas have more protein.

Hemp protein is much better than soy. Eatting soy raw isn't that great of an idea becasue like other beans there not really a food until there cooked. They have many toxins until there cocked away. You can get hemp extremely cheap if you buy in bulk from Mantoba Harvest

I know Soy is Toxic Raw. I intended to put it through a Soymilk maker. Technically it won't be Raw anymore but I figure that, Since the Raw diet is intended so you only consume food when it's highest in it's nutrient, and since Soybeans are toxic Raw then making it edible and eliminating the toxins before consuming would not really destroy the basic principles or the Raw diet, Only the technical aspect of it.

I know Soy is Toxic Raw. I intended to put it through a Soymilk maker. Technically it won't be Raw anymore but I figure that, Since the Raw diet is intended so you only consume food when it's highest in it's nutrient, and since Soybeans are toxic Raw then making it edible and eliminating the toxins before consuming would not really destroy the basic principles or the Raw diet, Only the technical aspect of it.

The biggest advantage of a raw food diet beyond the fact that cooking destroys 50 percent of the protein in the food, and a estimated 90 percent of vitamins and minerals is the fact that there enzymes in the food. eatting food without the enzymes is like buying the materials to build a house and not having the workers to do something with the materials. so you'd be better off with Hemp

The biggest advantage of a raw food diet beyond the fact that cooking destroys 50 percent of the protein in the food, and a estimated 90 percent of vitamins and minerals is the fact that there enzymes in the food. eatting food without the enzymes is like buying the materials to build a house and not having the workers to do something with the materials. so you'd be better off with Hemp

Good ole raw logic

a high percent of protein,

NAH

Depends on what you consider a high percentage. Different sources say different amounts, but if i average out what i've read it's around 50 percent. Some of the Essential amino acids like tritophan are allmost compete destroyed

I could always combine Soy and Hemp milk. But if it's just for the protein I don't think I would need to worry. My diet I'm formulating for myself will include enough. Now if it's for a vitamin that Cooked Soybeans don't have that Raw does I'm sure there are other ways to get it. But if I got the money I might as well just combine lots of different protein juices( Hemp, Soy, Almond..ECT )

Now maybe you have a different point. Does consuming cooked Soybeans alter or do anything to the raw foods you ate? I really don't think it would. The human stomach is already very acidic so even if you consume raw it boils in the inner acid of the Stomach.

I could always combine Soy and Hemp milk. But if it's just for the protein I don't think I would need to worry. My diet I'm formulating for myself will include enough. Now if it's for a vitamin that Cooked Soybeans don't have that Raw does I'm sure there are other ways to get it. But if I got the money I might as well just combine lots of different protein juices( Hemp, Soy, Almond..ECT )

Now maybe you have a different point. Does consuming cooked Soybeans alter or do anything to the raw foods you ate? I really don't think it would. The human stomach is already very acidic so even if you consume raw it boils in the inner acid of the Stomach.

I don't know if it would effect the Raw foods. The thing about Soy beans other than what's all ready been said is that it's very acidic. Not as bad as something like red meat, but still pretty bad. Shouldn't bee a big deal if you eat alot of green foods

Yeah Acidic can be a problem for some people. Some people just can't handle anything that's acidic. Like people with irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I'm used to eat. I used to eat raw tomatoes as a kid. and I love Salsa ^_^.

Although I am reluctant to remove Soy from my diet( Or a more technical term the one I am formulating ) I'll remember to eat tons of green veggies. I love Spinach so that shouldn't be a problem. I could eat a pound a day.

Dr. Pink, please look further into the definition of raw eating (check out some books or raw websites) so that you can get your goals straight. I'm confused as to where you're going with your eating.

As for the "enzyme theory" of raw foods, can ANY raw foodist out there point to a study that proves this is feasible? Of course not. Are there any plants that contain the lipase or proteases our bodies make to convert fats and proteins? No. Our digestive system produces no less than 3 different protease enzymes and there are even more in our blood. Talk of enzymes reminds me of simple discussions about protein. Let's talk about specific enzymes (protease, amylase, lipase, etc.) and specific amino acids - these are the substances your body uses, not "enzymes" or "protein."

Enzymes are not just in your stomach and intestines! There are different enzymes used all over your body and they are specific to HUMANS not to plants. Plants cannot take the place of your pancreas! There are medical conditions which result in the patient needing to take exogenous enzymes. These patients cannot just eat raw and survive. Some need enzymes that are isolated from animals - not plants. Why? Because plants don't make them! One disease in particular that comes to mind is cystic fibrosis. The lipase they take is porcine derived.

When you consider the physiological complexity of the pancreas and the various enzymes that are release in the GI tract alone (starting with saliva), then you can see that all raw foodists' discussions of enzymes are too simplistic to have any relationship to the very complex system of enzymatic activity in the human body. It is obvious to me that whoever came up with this theory has no understanding of human physiology and enzymes. What is shocking is that so many people believe this hogwash. What are we teaching in our high schools these days that adults cannot see the huge holes in this theory?

Dr. Pink, please look further into the definition of raw eating (check out some books or raw websites) so that you can get your goals straight. I'm confused as to where you're going with your eating.

As for the "enzyme theory" of raw foods, can ANY raw foodist out there point to a study that proves this is feasible? Of course not. Are there any plants that contain the lipase or proteases our bodies make to convert fats and proteins? No. Our digestive system produces no less than 3 different protease enzymes and there are even more in our blood. Talk of enzymes reminds me of simple discussions about protein. Let's talk about specific enzymes (protease, amylase, lipase, etc.) and specific amino acids - these are the substances your body uses, not "enzymes" or "protein."

Enzymes are not just in your stomach and intestines! There are different enzymes used all over your body and they are specific to HUMANS not to plants. Plants cannot take the place of your pancreas! There are medical conditions which result in the patient needing to take exogenous enzymes. These patients cannot just eat raw and survive. Some need enzymes that are isolated from animals - not plants. Why? Because plants don't make them! One disease in particular that comes to mind is cystic fibrosis. The lipase they take is porcine derived.

When you consider the physiological complexity of the pancreas and the various enzymes that are release in the GI tract alone (starting with saliva), then you can see that all raw foodists' discussions of enzymes are too simplistic to have any relationship to the very complex system of enzymatic activity in the human body. It is obvious to me that whoever came up with this theory has no understanding of human physiology and enzymes. What is shocking is that so many people believe this hogwash. What are we teaching in our high schools these days that adults cannot see the huge holes in this theory?

I think if people use common sence it's probably a good idea to want to get every thing a food has to offer. Foods have certain enzyme, vitamin, amino acid anf mineral combinations that are tamperted with when cooking takes place. I just don't see the point of eatting a cooked food unless you were extremely poor and needed a food like Brown Rice that you can get big bags of for 25 bucks. As far as tests go there's so much still undiscovered with nutrition that who's to say cooking doesn't kill 98 percent of the whole value of the food. NO one knows either way. There's a estimated 100,000 nutriants and only 1000 or or so have been discovered. So if people are waiting for science to come up will all the answers then there in trouble. Also i can't really think of a worthwhile food that needs to be cooked. Beans? Grains? both of which are far from something humans need. You can ask pretty much any doctor or so call health expert and so what are the healthiest foods. THere will be a couple idiots that will say lean meat, but the mojority of people know raw fruits and Veggies or the most important foods there are.

But if I got the money I might as well just combine lots of different protein juices( Hemp, Soy, Almond..ECT )

The human stomach is already very acidic so even if you consume raw it boils in the inner acid of the Stomach.

The stomach cannot COOK food. It's just splitting and desintegrating food into smaller, simpler and more assimilable molecules so they can become new cells.

Why do you wanna mix many proteins? Each protein requires a different timing for the stomach to break and build the amino chains. You're just gonna make the stomach work harder if you mix 10 different proteins at same time. Take only one complete protein like soy or hemp, or combine 2 incomplete proteins to make 1 complete.

Also i can't really think of a worthwhile food that needs to be cooked. Beans? Grains? both of which are far from something humans need.

I agree. Grains are more for animals. Or if we want to eat some, we can just sprout them instead of cooking them. And beans... even if we sprout them and wash they're still toxic. So nuts and seeds are a good replacement.

I agree. Grains are more for animals.

Humans are animals.

I do not like the separation of "human and animal."

We are animals as any other and I think that's something that is very important to acknowledge.

I agree. Grains are more for animals.

Humans are animals.

I do not like the separation of "human and animal."

We are animals as any other and I think that's something that is very important to acknowledge.

We're a type of animal like many animals similar to us that shouldn't be eatting grains.