Random Thread

Tasha

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time my daughter and I sat screaming under blankets for 30 minutes because a Chinese Beetle flew inside. Screaming. I was worse than she was. Well, I would only scream everytime I heard it buzzing in the window. It wasn't a continuous blood curdling scream for the whole 30 minutes. I'm not a freak or anything

I finally got brave enough to run past the beetle long enough to grab a random stranger to get it out of the house for me.

No joke...

Our users have posted a total of 135530 articles

We have 12248 registered users

The newest registered user is EltonJohn

In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]

Most users ever online was 125 on 03 Apr 2008 10:40 am

Everytime my eyes pass the title of Zack's new thread "oh flanderssssss"... I wonder if it's said "oh, flanders" with emphasis on the "oh"... like, "oh, flanders, you knucklehead"... or oh flandersssss Like, "Come over here flanders"

I think its the come over here but for some reason my head always sees it as "Oh flanders", like an exasperated what-am-i-gonna-do-with-you-flanders voice.

okay, random threads can be bad when your really tired and your sharing things like this....

I ate dandilion greens for the first time ever a month a go. I ate them raw and enjoyed them. I lived most my life in the midwest and never thought of eating them lol

My mum said that she tried having dandelion leaves in a salad when she was younger, after somebody mentioned to her that they could be used fine raw in salads.... but she thought they were horrible I haven't ever tried them, myself.

Are the leaves anything like the nasty bitter white liquid, or like they are after being brewed up into tea ?

My husband won't eat them because he would see the dogs pee on them when he lived on a farm as a child lol

haha, right after i made my first batch of herbal tea i remarked to my mum "shucks... making all of this stuff makes me realise just how totally disgusting herbal tea is !" , to which she (surpriseD) replied, "disgusting !?" , to which I said "well yeah, I mean... there could be pretty much anything in there !"

Admittedly, that was an exaggeration ..... there is unlikely to be a hidden nuclear power plant in a load of dandelion petals, a team of ninjas, or an unexpected Playstation 3 (for example) ... but still

All the same, I like having the dandelions nice and free-roaming where I can see'em out there, rather than having some mysterious dandelions from some far-off maybe-peed-on field some place. the good old-fashioned rustic country pee (if there is any) as a flavour-enhancer seems to be an improvement over the boxed variety, if anything, anyway, hehe.

Everytime my eyes pass the title of Zack's new thread "oh flanderssssss"... I wonder if it's said "oh, flanders" with emphasis on the "oh"... like, "oh, flanders, you knucklehead"... or oh flandersssss Like, "Come over here flanders"

I think its the come over here but for some reason my head always sees it as "Oh flanders", like an exasperated what-am-i-gonna-do-with-you-flanders voice.

okay, random threads can be bad when your really tired and your sharing things like this....

Did you have some wine tonight?

1)speaking of big words.... my myspace friend status:

GIACOMO Am I the only one that had to look up what this mood means, lol? On May 16, 2008. Update. Mood: obsequious

2)I cannot see Flander's posting without thinking of the simpsons

3)The idiot who gave us an attitude because we were dancing on the dance floor and he wanted to pass through gave long haired men a bad name. What's worse was that he was the live entertainment at the place I was at for a bday party. Was kinda cool watching him lay on a bed of glass and have knives dropped on his naked stomach from 6 feet in the air and bounce off. Also walked on light bulbs and had a cement block pounded with a sledgehammer while it rested atop him and other stuff.

4)I cannot remember the last time i used conventional deodorant instead I use only essential oils and the whole au natural b/c you eart so clean thing is not true sweat smells bottom line!

5)I am petrified of bugs and the nyc waterbug is the second worst thing to plametto bugs and i am cringing just talking about it and i wish tasha didnt post that pic. I was showering and sunny (my parrot) rests atop the shower doos. I thought he was on my foot but he was atop the door still turns out it was a you know what. I screamed louder than the neighbors aggressive rotweiler that chased my down a 1/2 block when i was 8. You could prob smell the fear coming off my body after the shower incident.

6)2 hrs of sleep last night and i cannot fall asleep bc i hyped myself to workout and all my friends want me to hang. I wish i could shut myself down and fall asleep, overtired and loony at this point.

Do you ever just shut down when you get too busy and find yourself doing absolutely anything and everything accept what your supposed to be doing?

You've got a million obligations to get to, but suddenly, washing the cat becomes a life or death chore you must do right this second....

I'm moving next weekend and should REALLY start packing. Ugh.

So it's 2am and I'm wide awake. I guess that nap today wasn't such a great idea.

Where are you moving? I think I know the answer but I just want to be sure

I'm downsizing to an efficiency nearby. Just trying to minimize my living expenses so I can save $ and travel more, mostly.

Wow, now it's 4 am and I'm STILL awake. This is ridiculous. lol

OMG What ever you do make sure you close your mouth while you're sleeping.

Or get on a plane to Portland fast

http://static.flickr.com/47/111590346_7371870ce9.jpg

Wow what a BUG, I am not a big Bug fan, but I have a rule for the bugs. You come in my house, you are at risk of being ping ponged between my two cats. It is actually quite entertaining, if one cat finds a bug she will call the other one in excitement and boy do they have fun.

Hey I don't feel bad about it, not like I go and buy a live mouse for them, but my husband has suggested that, of course I won't do that. I actually like rodents to be honest lol And we don't have a problem with them coming in the house since we have cats. Rodents are smart bugs are not lol

All the same, I like having the dandelions nice and free-roaming where I can see'em out there, rather than having some mysterious dandelions from some far-off maybe-peed-on field some place. the good old-fashioned rustic country pee (if there is any) as a flavour-enhancer seems to be an improvement over the boxed variety, if anything, anyway, hehe.

I didn't find the greens bitter at all, not like some other greens. But not everyone is going to like them I guess.

LMAO@the good old-fashioned rustic country pee

Where are you moving? I think I know the answer but I just want to be sure

I'm downsizing to an efficiency nearby. Just trying to minimize my living expenses so I can save $ and travel more, mostly.

Wow, now it's 4 am and I'm STILL awake. This is ridiculous. lol

I think that is very wise of you to downsize so you can have more money to enjoy, congradulations

Lean and Green,

Sorry you are afraid of bugs, I suspect you don't have your home sprayed so what do you do? We have huge Cockroaches that crawl up the drains and although not too many get in, it does make me scream when I don't suspect to see one. My daughter and I were out taking an evening walk and this huge Carpenter bee was flying around my head and landing in my hair, I started screaming lol We laughed later, but they are really big

I have to admit I love Tarantulas though. It was very exciting to have 4 of them come up on the porch one late summer, not all at one time but all within a week or so. I was scared at first, but after he would just pick them up then I had to at least touch one so petting its back lol

Last night, i watched the Louis Theroux documentary about Wrestling.

I watched wrestling as a kid because my dad is really into it.

But, it was never particularly high up my priority list, and for a while now I've considered it to be really just a bit mindless and cheesy, and not really worth watching.

... and that was BEFORE watching this documentary !

With all due respect to the fine young professional or potentially professional fighting men depicted therein, may i just say now, that holy crap..... and I thought that the guys here on the isles were a load of minceheads !

PLEASE tell me that none of you guys think their official method of training at the fancy Muscle Gym is "cool" "innovative" and "desirable" ..... I just can;t see that kind of "shoutee" environment being constructive for anyone other than those who're into being yelled at while following orders unquestioningly (but heh, i assume that it's probably also some kind of 'guy thing' , ie dumb and inexplicable )

OMG What ever you do make sure you close your mouth while you're sleeping.

Or get on a plane to Portland fast

http://static.flickr.com/47/111590346_7371870ce9.jpg

Wow what a BUG, I am not a big Bug fan, but I have a rule for the bugs. You come in my house, you are at risk of being ping ponged between my two cats. It is actually quite entertaining, if one cat finds a bug she will call the other one in excitement and boy do they have fun.

Hey I don't feel bad about it, not like I go and buy a live mouse for them, but my husband has suggested that, of course I won't do that. I actually like rodents to be honest lol And we don't have a problem with them coming in the house since we have cats. Rodents are smart bugs are not lol

You should try to encourage your cats to go vegan