Your body

xjohanx

Do you like your body?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of us excersise a whole lot to achieve a physique that we like, but are we succesful?

If you don't like your body, do you think you ever will or is it going to stay the same forever?

I hope this poll isn't offensive in any way.

I voted that it's okay. It's not totally hideous but I'm no hottie either

Things I hate about myself that I can change with hard work.

My lower abs/stomach. Loose skin is absolutely hideous. I can practically jiggle it and stuff. It's almost a separate entity.

My Ass. Not as firm as I'd like it to be. It kinda has that," Use to be a fat ass but now a skinny man winkle to it"

My Arms. Not bad. But they could be a whole lot bigger then they are now.

My Love Handles.

My Teeth. There not as white as I'd like them to be.

My Hair.

I guess all I really like about myself are my eyes and my upper chest area.

I love my body. I love the way my legs and butt are from running especially. Sometimes I wish I was built a bit bigger because I'm teeny tiny, but that's mostly when people hassle me about being "too skinny." I have some minor flaws that I acknowledge, but I'm getting better at accepting them and realize that they really don't matter overall. I'm not trying to change anything about myself physically right now (except improving my V02 max and endurance), I'm just trying to maintain what I have already.

I could answer love it or hate it equally, so I didn't answer the poll!

I love my body because it is healthy. My blood chemistry is excellent (cholesterol, etc), and it allows me to do teh things I want to do (play soccer, hike mountains, pole dance, wt train). And, I like my muscles.

I hate it because it has too much fat. I long ago accepted that I will never be a small girl or skinny like a model (not that I want to be). But I definitely want the outside package to match the insides by looking healthy. It doesn't yet, and I am starting to think it never will, but I keep trying

I hate my ass.

I went to the beach a few weekends ago and my sister made a nice comment about it. "You should really tone up your butt and thighs"

She was also kind enough to point out my stretch marks that I got during puberty.

It hurt a lot, but I think she said it because she just had a baby and doesn't look the same anymore.

Mine are barely noticeable.. But the thing is that she purposely pointed them out to me! For years I would wear shorts with my swimsuit because I hated my lower body so much. I finally got the courage to take the shorts off and just wear bikini bottoms after my boyfriend told me how much he loved "my luscious buns"

Then she has to go and say that and make me feel self conscious again

Why do girls have to pick on other girls and make them feel bad about their bodies??

I don't do it!

Mine are barely noticeable.. But the thing is that she purposely pointed them out to me! For years I would wear shorts with my swimsuit because I hated my lower body so much. I finally got the courage to take the shorts off and just wear bikini bottoms after my boyfriend told me how much he loved "my luscious buns"

Then she has to go and say that and make me feel self conscious again

Why do girls have to pick on other girls and make them feel bad about their bodies??

I don't do it!

Some people attack others as an outlet for their own negative body image. I once had a girlfriend who would always point out when women were wearing clothes that were "too tight for that kind of body". Thing is, she was really no stick herself. I didn't keep her around too long, but still - it doesn't take Freud to realize that she was projecting.

I could say I love my body. It's where I live, it allows me to do things I love and it carries part of my senses. It's not what some people call perfect but I find it healthful and natural.

I workout to make it better as a tribute and to help it go beyond. If it does so many beautiful things for me I should do the same. Working out by the sake of itself is an act of self-love that I enjoy.

Marcina, sisters probably do that because we feel that we can say anything to each other without facing consequences - unlike with a friend. I have 3 sisters and we can say some god-awful stuff to each other. IMO, part of it is a lack of personal borders and this can be a good thing or a bad thing, like a collective female family entity. I don't think it works the same way for males. My older sister is into photography and has taken some beautiful pictures of me and says she loves photographing me - yet she insists on keeping a collection of the ugliest pictures ever taken of me. Weird stuff, the female psyche.

As for my body, I've hated it and abused it in one form or another for parts of my life. I wish I had made friends with it sooner. It has some phenomenal features but I was always too focused on the negative, which was pointed out to me relentlessly by the advertising industry and myself.

I'm sure that every member of this forum has a feature or two that makes him/her very attractive to someone. I've been attracted to people based on their voice, hands, hair, forearms, posture, etc. And I'm sure those people would not have thought of those features as their most attractive.