my 405lb deadlift video (only 8 days off juice feasting!)

Lean and Green

For those of you who are scared of muscle loss as a result of juice feasting HAVE NO FEAR!

This video was taken exactly 8 days off of my juice feast at vv08. Keep in mind that I only lifted 425lb before the feast and I didn't do much deadlifting during the last 1 1/2 months because I feared about my shoulder injury until I realized it wasn't bothering me to deadlift.

As long as you consume what you're supposed to and get that intake in (INCLUDING PROTEIN) and train, there should be no reason why you cannot maintain your lbm while cutting down with even as extreme a concept as a juice feast.....

I probably could have tried more weight but I was satisfied with this lift.

How it went down:

245x10 255x10 265x10 285lbx9 315x3 315x3 375x1 405x1

Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but don't nobody wanna lift heavy a** weights!

YEAAAAAAAAA BUDDY!!!!!

Nice!

I forgot to upload it earlier! I'm way behind on getting photos/videos updated but in due time

Great work man. Ironically, Tasha and I were talking about your 405 lift 90 minutes before I saw this thread, just totally randomly when we were talking about strength and people we knew. You and Zack were mentioned

what does "hitch" mean?

I'm a bodybuilder too.....don't know about that lifting stuff

It's when you rest the bar for an instant on your thighs and then give a second tug to complete the lift. I doubt anyone would notice unless they have ever been in to powerlifting. Personally, I'm impressed any time somebody lifts massive weights, I don't care how they get it up as long as it goes.

what does "hitch" mean?

I'm a bodybuilder too.....don't know about that lifting stuff

It's when you rest the bar for an instant on your thighs and then give a second tug to complete the lift. I doubt anyone would notice unless they have ever been in to powerlifting. Personally, I'm impressed any time somebody lifts massive weights, I don't care how they get it up as long as it goes.

Ugh really; i've done that before, I didn't think I was doing that on this lift. It came up pretty easily and fluid. I rested at the top to hold the weight steady after it was fully up just for a pose with it. Perhaps i'm mistaken?

Zack, it's all good in the hood. I am like a tree trunk; very stiff, that's just my form with the bar. It doesn't feel uncomfy that way and i've done it with similar form with as much as 575lb in the past. I could prob have better form hey at least I got it up eh?

Hilary, Robert, I'm Your Man.... thanks for the love. I got aways to go. Will be nice to post an all time pb when i go that route in the future. 590 will be sweet one day, yeaaaaap!

I just said,

"oh god!"

And Tasha thought something happened to me...but really I just watched this and it freaked me out!

That is scary stuff.

That is what I did when my back snapped 2 years ago...I'm still recovering.

Personally, I'm impressed any time somebody lifts massive weights, I don't care how they get it up as long as it goes.
Oh really michael!

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home.

THE HITCH FROM HELL!

755lbs deadlift no belt

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aPOiyzD3e1w&NR=1

That is the hitch from hell!!! I'm still impressed though, I couldn't lift anywhere near that weight, hitch or no hitch.

OUCH! Rob, I remember your back injury. Sorry to hear you're still working around that. Things like that are frightening, you just never know when you're going to hit it the wrong way again.

Good job with the 405 pull, L & G. It looked like there was a little hitching around the 18/19 second mark of the video, but not much at all - when I hitch a DL attempt, it's usually because the weight is too heavy, but honestly that looked like a pretty easy weight for you.

You have a pretty wide handspacing on the bar. Is there any particular reason for this? If you narrowed your grip, your arms would be pointed more straight towards the ground when you stand up with the bar. So with a narrower grip, your arms will hang down further towards the ground, and you won't have to lift the weight as far. You'll see guys doing snatch-grip deadlifts, with the hands way out towards the collars, in order to make the movement far more difficult due to the increased distance the bar has to travel. Getting your hands closer together should make the whole lift (even) easier for you.

It's late and I'm pretty tired, so hopefully my description of the above makes sense. Anyway, good job, it's always nice to see videos of fellow vegans lifting heavy weight

- Eric

Great work, L&G! Next stop, 500! That's pretty sweet that you made it as easily as you did after that juice fast - nice to know that any strength loss was kept to a bare minimum.

To those who were wowed by the hitch from hell video, I've seen PLENTY worse than that out there - it wasn't good, but believe me, I've seen hitching on heavy DLs that would make your spine snap just from viewing the clips (anyone else a fan of the Diesel Weasel clips from a few years back? ) If you ever take the time to join a few strongman boards, you'll see more hitching than your eyes can handle

It's funny, because the guy in the clip (John Connor) has less hitch on his video of 805 lbs. for a double, and it's less than a year's time between clips. Talk about a guy who made some insane deadlift progress. I've seen him at a contest here last summer, and that dude is a freakin' BEAST of a man, and since he just got his pro card and is only something like 24 years old, expect to be seeing him in WSM in the not-too-distant future.