New Here Looking for Help

rwanfe

I recently found out about this awesome website, I love it I think it has great tips, recipes, etc…

I’m currently following the Thrive diet from Brendan Brazier. I have been on it since June 1-08, which is also when I became vegan. Since June I have been 100% vegan and I have to say it is one of the best things I have done. I feel great with more energy and like knowing that I’m doing something good for the planet.

By following this book it is hard to calculate how many calories I’m taking a day, but would like if someone would let me know if I am eating too much.

Right now my goal is to get more lean, currently I’m 5’1 and about 117-118lbs. I would like to go down to 107-110lbs.

I eat the same pretty much everyday.

Breakfast consists of a banana, ginger, pear, 1tbsp. of almonds, with 1 cup of hemp milk.

Next comes a snack which is 1 energy bar from the Thrive Diet.

After the snack I have lunch which is a salad with dressing and some kind of legumes (about 1 cup) (bean, chickpeas, lentils, peas, etc.)

About 2 hours later I have a snack which is a green smoothie from the Thrive diet.

Before going to the gym I consume 1/3 cup of coconut milk and either some fruit or a protein shake, (hemp, pea, and chia protein)

Once back from the gym I eat dinner which is usually a big plate of vegetables with some fats (nut or avocados)

Everything I eat I make using the book as my guide.

I drink about 1 gallon of water a day and also 2 cups of green tea.

I workout 3 times a week with free weights, machines, and resistance bands, with one of those workouts being similar to circuit training. I also do cardio about 2 to 3 times a week.

I’m getting decent results but I would really appreciate some guidance to get me to that next level (107-110 lbs). Thanks for your help and I really love this website.

• 2 weeks later...

Rwanfe, Welcome!

I'm Your Man gives good advice. If you eat the same no matter how clean, if you aren't getting any more results and your main focal point is weight loss over lbm building, then slowly restrict calories hee and there until you see a response. Cut out 100-200 a day at a time each week until you see a response. Once you see a response, stop restricting and stick to the new amount of calories decided to be consumed to provoke weight loss. Also increased cardio, of course helps but be careful not to overdo it on both sides of the fence to prevent muscle wasting.

• 2 weeks later...