Agave: Healthy Enough For You?

Would you eat agave syrup?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the question is phrased very weird. I eat stuff that is unhealthy sometimes so I could def eat agave on occasion just like I can eat table sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup etc but I still think it is unhealthy. I would never use it as a staple food in my diet. I voted no becasue it's not "healthy enough" for me but to the actual poll question I say yes.

I went to one of Dr. Gregor's talks a few months ago.

According to him, crushed dried dates by Bob's Redmill has nutrition.

All other sweeteners don't. They are empty calories.

I use *tiny* bits of sweeteners here and there, but I wouldn't make any of them a significant part of my calories.

I second beforewisdom on the date sugar. I only really use stevia for a sweetener, but if I was to use a caloric one on any kind of regular basis, date sugar would be my go-to. You can make it into a syrup by adding a little water and maybe simmering it a bit, if you don't like the grainy texture and can't let it sit for awhile for the texture to smooth.

I will third the date thing. Dates are the best sweetner out there. I almost never buy dried dates because usually they cover them in glucose syrup but the fresh ones are amazing for making fudgy-like power balls/squares. Dates are a great staple in my diet, love em.