What makes you sweat?

robert

What sports make you sweat the most. Some people comment at the gym that I'm not sweating. I do train hard, but I don't sweat much in the gym. I'm typically cold as Topher will recall. I usually train in sweatpants, a sweatshirt, a knit hat, etc. I like to stay warm, and even then I don't sweat too much.

but....when I'm dancing...I sweat a ton! I LOVE to go dancing and I went last night after my leg workout (not always the best idea) and I was sweating a lot more dancing and dropping it like it's hot, than I do in the gym.

I also play basketball and sweat quite a bit. I see some people in the gym sweating up a storm whether they are doing cardio or not, but just weight training won't make me sweat, cardio of some sort has to be involved.

Anyone else train hard but not sweat much? Maybe I need to train even HARDER!

Or just dance less so I don't lose all my mass from silly cardio

-Rob

If you ever see me dance, you may not want to try it! I have a few seconds of me dancing in my movie. Anyone seen it? Anyone like it?

I'm pretty sure intense cardio is the best for sweating, I just wonder because there are quite a few people who sweat a lot just lifting. At times I wonder if I need to push myself more.

Robatron 5900

Much more than you'd expect, given that you only wear a tiny slip and don't actually move.

It might be good to clarify that "slip" doesn't mean the same thing in American English as it may in German ( and French). In the US, a "slip" is a woman's undergarment, worn under a dress.

Oh yeah, I forgot....when I use a shovel, I sweat a ton! By the way...I trained arms today and did sweat a little bit. Not much, but a little

But shoveling, digging, unloading trucks, that kind of stuff really makes me sweat.....but nothing like dancing! That is a sweat making machine...

-Roberto

Shovelling snow..........

I love shovelling snow! Wish we had more of it than we've had the past few years! I love those big 'ole 3' snow storms & the next day the sun comes out & everything is all glittery with snow. I go out all bundled up & when I'm done, my coat & scarf are in a pile & all I have left on is mittens. Well, and my clothes of course!

Cardio makes me sweat, strength does not. Except for Rockits -- those make me 'slightly damp.'

• 2 weeks later...

Dancing = sweating. Like mad. I felt bad for this girl's friend who tried to come at my back - my shirt was drenched.

Lifting too. Although I do a bit of volume.

Running.

I need like a good dance party at the beach or something - boardshorts and sand w/ a tan and a bonfire and a bunch of people. I'd sweat less then. Hm...

Maybe I should set that up

I need like a good dance party at the beach or something - boardshorts and sand w/ a tan and a bonfire and a bunch of people. I'd sweat less then. Hm...

Maybe I should set that up

You just tell me where to sign up buddy....and I'm there!

I can be a dance machine! I like to spin and make quick movements.

It'd be a little more legwork than I have time for now. I think it'll def. have to happen though. When the weather is warmer probably. Maybe this summer. I could slip a bunch of morningstar hot dogs into the cooler and tell folks there's no room for meat : D

It takes a special kinda man

Usually when I change my routine I sweat. I can run for miles and barely break a sweat sometimes. If I throw in a stairmaster stint, I'll sweat.

Whew, haven't danced in years...I used to sweat a bit, but I was a mellow dancer so never got too sweaty.

• 1 month later...

Racquetball makes me sweat. I sweat heavy anyway. Second is jogging on a treadmill, where I work out on inclement days does not have any fans near their treadmills. It's like running in a crockpot. And I have people comment. One day some lady walked by and commented, "Oh look at you!" A younger lady, replied, "He's a guy, guy's are supposed to sweat."

Shut her up.

Jon