What is a killer routine for leg muscles?

What kind of reps/sets/weight (weight compared to your best) are you doing with squats and how often a week are you doing them?

My legs are still real dead after squatting for the majority of my leg workout the other day (done 5 mins on calf raises too).

I've only been doing 3 sets of each exercise and squatting not as heavy as i could go because i train alone and am just getting back into it but have been on a role so i'll up the weight this time around.

I'll start doing 5 sets and tell u if it is working out.

do some step ups. (hold dumbells, step onto box, step down, repeat) and weighted box jumps, if you're brave.

deadlifts will hit your legs.

if you work out alone (at home, or otherwise) go carry a 45lb plate in each hand up a couple flights of stairs. then go back down. I bet that does it in a hurry.

Pistols are a great exercise. Its actually easier with a little bit of weight, helps counter balance everything. http://www.beastskills.com/Pistol.htm

Yeah, I do these every now and then with a weight held out in front of my, ass down to my ankle, and it always impresses the hell out of people. Then you tell them the weight makes it easier, and they think you are being all modest, haha.