Anti Mosque Protests On The Rise

Ryofire

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big surprise Palin is involved. Douche!

9/11 was indeed a tragic event we should never forget. But we've moved on, now it's her turn to do so too. These are the same type of people who still think that all germans are nazis.

I am against the building of a mosque, a church, a synagogue, or any structure devoted to religion. Religion is evil in my opinion. Even the most peaceful person can be persuaded to commit acts of violence through religious indoctrination. Religion allows for the justification of any evil.

But I do think it is unconstitutional to favor any religion in this country. But let's face it, that has been going on for a long time. It is purely religious dogma that has prevented gays from marrying or even that married couples get more benefits than unmarried couples. Or that swear words are, well.... swear words and not allowed in certain places, on TV, etc. How about blue laws? Many are still in effect. But most people believe we live in a country in which people are free from religious persecution.

I am against the building of a mosque, a church, a synagogue, or any structure devoted to religion. Religion is evil in my opinion. Even the most peaceful person can be persuaded to commit acts of violence through religious indoctrination. Religion allows for the justification of any evil.

I am not against the building of a mosque, a church, a synagogue, or any structure devoted to religion. Religion is good in my opinion. Even the most violent person can be persuaded to commit acts of peace through religious teaching. Religion allows for the justification of any good.

Oh look, it reads the same.

Read some history books kid. Maybe you will see some trends. The Crusades, Inquisition, Incas, Holocaust, Manifest Destiny, etc. are all the result of religious dogma. You look at any mass genocide in history, and you won't have to dig deep before you discover the underlying doctrine.

The Holocaust and Stalins Great Purge are both great examples of ATHEIST violence. The Jews were just a convenient scapegoat for Hitler to use, he had no religious motivation for choosing them. And Stalin was ardently anti-religious, all while killing millions and millions of people. Religion was used as a convenient excuse to kill people in the past, but much of humanity has since moved on, and the killing continues.

Religious ideology doesn't kill people, people kill people, and they will use anything they can find to excuse it, not just religion....

Of course they should be able to build their mosque. May I remind everyone:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100721/pl_yblog_upshot/anti-mosque-protests-on-the-rise-say-muslim-advocates

Only a low life white trash red neck would be against the building of a mosque. Either that or some zionist scumbag.

If you look up the origins of the term "white trash" and "red neck" you will see that the origins are racist and classist, which is kind of ironic given your feelings on this situation.

Personally, I think it is in very bad taste to build a mosque there and it is my preference for it not to be done.

As a reminder, in the past Christians have been responsible for the inquisition, partially responsible for the carnage in the crusades and the holocaust. In contemporary America there are Christians who are killing gynecologists and bombing family planning clinics.

The type of Muslims responsible for 9/11 do not even come close to representing all Muslims.

Having written that I believe that cultural sensitivity begins at home.

For example, I'm in favor of the recent ban of the burqa in France. "Our" values matter too.

My only fear is that it is too easy for the standing up of Western values to morph into bigotry and to be taken over by thugs.

The Holocaust and Stalins Great Purge are both great examples of ATHEIST violence. The Jews were just a convenient scapegoat for Hitler to use, he had no religious motivation for choosing them. And Stalin was ardently anti-religious, all while killing millions and millions of people. Religion was used as a convenient excuse to kill people in the past, but much of humanity has since moved on, and the killing continues.

Religious ideology doesn't kill people, people kill people, and they will use anything they can find to excuse it, not just religion....

Atheism, Fascism, Veganism can all be made into a religion with dogma. You don't need a deity to have religious dogma. Mussolini even stated that Fascism is a religion.

Yes, people kill people, but when it comes to mass killings, people use religious dogma as a justification.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100721/pl_yblog_upshot/anti-mosque-protests-on-the-rise-say-muslim-advocates

Only a low life white trash red neck would be against the building of a mosque. Either that or some zionist scumbag.

If you look up the origins of the term "white trash" and "red neck" you will see that the origins are racist and classist, which is kind of ironic given your feelings on this situation.

Personally, I think it is in very bad taste to build a mosque there and it is my preference for it not to be done.

As a reminder, in the past Christians have been responsible for the inquisition, partially responsible for the carnage in the crusades and the holocaust. In contemporary America there are Christians who are killing gynecologists and bombing family planning clinics.

The type of Muslims responsible for 9/11 do not even come close to representing all Muslims.

Having written that I believe that cultural sensitivity begins at home.

For example, I'm in favor of the recent ban of the burqa in France. "Our" values matter too.

My only fear is that it is too easy for the standing up of Western values to morph into bigotry and to be taken over by thugs.

They should be able to build a mosque anywhere they want. I consider myself Asatru, which is a native european faith (or pagan as some would call it). I really empathize with the muslims because there are not too many places, for people in the pagan/wiccan community, to go. Second of all if you lived in South Boston, Massachusetts you would know exactly what I mean by white trash sum.

Atheism, Fascism, Veganism can all be made into a religion with dogma. You don't need a deity to have religious dogma. Mussolini even stated that Fascism is a religion.

Yes, people kill people, but when it comes to mass killings, people use religious dogma as a justification.

The Soviet Union, People's Republic Of China, and North Korea are very anti religious and have also caused tons of destruction and murder.

The Soviet Union, People's Republic Of China, and North Korea are very anti religious and have also caused tons of destruction and murder.

They are not anti-religion, they are pro-fascism. They want people to worship the government and government officials. They want to dictate their own dogma to the masses because an alternate dogma might lead people to revolt. They want a mono-religious state in which the government is the source of that religion.

Any belief system can be turned into a religion. That is when people are twisted to do evil things.

I really empathize with the muslims because there are not too many places,

Currently, there are over 90 mosques in the 5 boroughs of NYC. I'd say that there's no extreme shortage of places of worship based on that count.

Second of all if you lived in South Boston, Massachusetts you would know exactly what I mean by white trash sum.

I think that BeforeWisdom's point is, it's pretty silly to make a derogatory comment based on someone's color while attempting to defend the rights of another based on perceived discrimination. You can't have it both ways, choosing to use color as a jab at one group while condemning it if you think someone else is playing that card. Let's think of it this way - would you use the N word to describe black people who don't live the way you agree with, as you do in saying "redneck white trash" to describe white people you don't like (which makes sure to use skin color as the basis of the statement)? If not, then it should be pretty obvious as to why some people here think that the hypocrisy is rather glaring and chose to make a point of it.

I really empathize with the muslims because there are not too many places,

Currently, there are over 90 mosques in the 5 boroughs of NYC. I'd say that there's no extreme shortage of places of worship based on that count.

Second of all if you lived in South Boston, Massachusetts you would know exactly what I mean by white trash sum.

I think that BeforeWisdom's point is, it's pretty silly to make a derogatory comment based on someone's color while attempting to defend the rights of another based on perceived discrimination. You can't have it both ways, choosing to use color as a jab at one group while condemning it if you think someone else is playing that card. Let's think of it this way - would you use the N word to describe black people who don't live the way you agree with, as you do in saying "redneck white trash" to describe white people you don't like (which makes sure to use skin color as the basis of the statement)? If not, then it should be pretty obvious as to why some people here think that the hypocrisy is rather glaring and chose to make a point of it.

VeganEssentials, I orginally said, "I really empathize with the muslims because there are not too many place, for pagan/wiccan community to go." Meaning that pagan/wiccan people don't enough places to go for worship/prayer/meditate. First off I am white and sure as hell proud to be so, unfortunatly when a white person says that they are proud to be white, they have to say they are, "proud to be of european descent." If they say white, they'll be accussed of being a white supremacist. And when am saying white trash red neck scum I am refering to low lifes like the KKK and Neo Nazis, not those of european descent!

I have zero opinion on Palin, so I'll remain neutral there

But, it's at least a comment on an individual that people can make their opinions about based on what she's said/done. That's fair game in my book - I can see rationalization in disliking an individual, just not an entire group that's connected to that person as some wish to state their bias.

But if you said Sarah Palin is scum, you would be within your right to form that opinion of her.

As someone who is Asatru, I am tired of poeple using slogans like, "religion is for stupid people." Claiming to be non religious is no excuse for being disrespectful and immoral.

In regards to the many questions I always get about being an asatruar, here is the best explaination I can find http://runestone.org/faq/index.html.

I think the original point of the post is that it's idiotic to protest a mosque being built near the WTC memorial. Basically people need to stop being douchebags....

I disagree with that point.

I don't like the looks of the protests or the protesters......it all looks borderline bigoted to me.

However I think it is in very poor taste and insensitive to build a mosque on the WTC site. Apart from what the owners may think they are doing many non-muslims will take it as rubbing their noses in the attack, if not at a conscious level, then at a deeper emotional level.

Yes, they have the legal right to build there. That is difference from my and other people's preferences that they do not.

Especially with the borderline bigoted and violent types out there. The presence of the mosque there will invite anger and possibly events that will not help anyone.

But if you said Sarah Palin is scum, you would be within your right to form that opinion of her.

As someone who is Asatru, I am tired of poeple using slogans like, "religion is for stupid people." Claiming to be non religious is no excuse for being disrespectful and immoral.

In regards to the many questions I always get about being an asatruar, here is the best explaination I can find http://runestone.org/faq/index.html.

If a child believes in imaginary friends for too long, they call is a psychological disorder. When an adult has an imaginary friend, they call it religion.

If a child believes in imaginary friends for too long, they call is a psychological disorder. When an adult has an imaginary friend, they call it religion.

I'm Asatru, and if you don't like it then too fucking bad.

Edited by Ryofire

I think the original point of the post is that it's idiotic to protest a mosque being built near the WTC memorial. Basically people need to stop being douchebags....

I disagree with that point.

I don't like the looks of the protests or the protesters......it all looks borderline bigoted to me.

However I think it is in very poor taste and insensitive to build a mosque on the WTC site. Apart from what the owners may think they are doing many non-muslims will take it as rubbing their noses in the attack, if not at a conscious level, then at a deeper emotional level.

Yes, they have the legal right to build there. That is difference from my and other people's preferences that they do not.

Especially with the borderline bigoted and violent types out there. The presence of the mosque there will invite anger and possibly events that will not help anyone.

I'm with Fallenhorse. Though we must never forget, we've moved on from 9/11 now it's time for the rest of the world to do so too. Linking all of Islam to terrorism is like saying that all germans are nazis. Only a complete moron would think that.