How many raw vegans do we have here?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Suz and I are trying! I think we're eating about 70% raw now. Almost entirely raw during the week, and slightly relaxed on weekends. It's been good for training! We'll increase our raw ratio after xmas - rumour has that a dehydrator will be in santa's sack this year...

If your gonna buy dehydrators then you might as well just go back to cooked food....

Coz dehydrators do the same thing as cooked food "take away your water" and dehydrate you....

Yeah they might make great snacks but so do fresh fruits with now after effects!

It's your choice...just suppum ta think about

I eat a ton of fresh fruit and veggies. A dehydrator would just mix up my diet a bit more. I'd love to be as dedicated as you, Bigbwii... but I'm weak.

It just takes time to get on to it, BigBwii would say the same thing...In fact I'm sure he'll post that when he sees this later on today (or whenever he's on next)

Well it all comes down to knowledge of self, if you know what you are eating isn't or doesn't feel optimal to you then it's up to you to make the choice to either do what is optimal and stick to it or to carry on with what your doing....

It's all personal choice, yes I am dedicated but that's because I choose to be based on how eating foods that are not optimal to me make me feel....infact I learnt a few years ago that if I eat anything cooked I get allergic reacts within minutes!

As long as you have the knowledge of self then the choice is all yours!

As long as you have the knowledge of self then the choice is all yours!

I thought I'd come pretty far... it seems I have farther still to go. It's a good thing I'm up for the challenge.

Like I said...it's all personal choice...if your happy doing what your doing then keep on keeping on....if your goal is to be as optimal as you can be then fresh fruits and veg only, is the way to go....

Eating cooked or tampered with foods hinder the bodies natural cleaning process....

To be honest, I don't really understand the whole raw eating concept. Why is it healthier to eat only raw instead of just cooked food + a lot of raw things?

Because cooked food has an effect on the mind as well as the body....think of it like polution.....

Try and go without cooked food for 3 weeks and you'll see what I mean....

I'm willing to give it a try (after christmas) to feel it for myself. Is three weeks enough?

But still, why? What is it in cooked food that pollutes body and mind?

Because food is meant to be eaten raw, cooking it chemically alters the molecules of the food and the body doesn't work with it like it does raw food.

I'm willing to give it a try (after christmas) to feel it for myself. Is three weeks enough?

But still, why? What is it in cooked food that pollutes body and mind?

1) Cooked food is dehydrating because the cooking process robs it of oxygen and water and over time robs the body of it's resources.

2) Cooked food puts more work on the body to digest it and get rid of or store it's waste.

3) Cooked food also is refined, processed, manipulated/manufactured and for the most part is unnatural.

3) Cooked food often has additives, preservatives, addictive ingrediants such as MSG's, etc in it.

The list can go on and on!

1) Cooked food is dehydrating because the cooking process robs it of oxygen and water and over time robs the body of it's resources.

2) Cooked food puts more work on the body to digest it and get rid of or store it's waste.

3) Cooked food also is refined, processed, manipulated/manufactured and for the most part is unnatural.

3) Cooked food often has additives, preservatives, addictive ingrediants such as MSG's, etc in it.

The list can go on and on!

I already eat healthy and avoid additives. I can see that cooked food takes more time to digest, though.

I'm still not really convinced. But like I said I'll give it a try to experience it myself.

Because food is meant to be eaten raw, ...

What exactly do you mean by this? Meant by whom?

Because animals do not cook food. People evolved (or were created, whatever) to eat whole foods straight from the source, no tampering. I am not raw, but would like to give it a shot someday when I am not a poor college student. Right now I try to eat around 75% of what I eat in the cafeteria here raw, but other than that, I mostly eat hot cereal in my room.

Because food is meant to be eaten raw, ...

What exactly do you mean by this? Meant by whom?

Because animals do not cook food. People evolved (or were created, whatever) to eat whole foods straight from the source, no tampering. I am not raw, but would like to give it a shot someday when I am not a poor college student. Right now I try to eat around 75% of what I eat in the cafeteria here raw, but other than that, I mostly eat hot cereal in my room.

Exactly. It's not necessary to eat lots of the things we eat, especially if we have to cook them to get them down/make them tasty enough.

Because animals do not cook food. People evolved (or were created, whatever) to eat whole foods straight from the source, no tampering.

What does it matter whether or not animals cook food? And how can you argue that people evolved to eat foods straight from the source? It's just as easy to say the opposite.

I'm just curious here. I've alreayd decided to go raw for three weeks after christmas, but Í'n still not convinced as to why eating cooked food is bad for your health.