There are too many supplements out there and too expensive

GGreen

If you eat right all you need to do is keep eating right...multivitamins fill in the blanks for what your not eating...as for protein...its hard to not get enough for a regular person's diet

• 2 months later...

I think to some extent it is a matter of personal taste.

If one wanted 1000 percent of the daily RDA of vitamin C, one could eat 12 oranges, or one could eat 2 oranges, and take 1/8th of a teaspoon of vitamin C powder too.

There are some cool products out there, though they aren't a replacement for an otherwise healthy diet and lifestyle. Some might say supplements are "unnatural" in the historical, evolutionary scheme of things, but by that argument, so is agriculture, brushing one's teeth, and prolonged exercise or weightlifting as its own persuit...

I like protein powders. I feel that they give me much more energy if i take one before and much better recovery time. Glutamine has also sped up my recovery time. I take glucosamine to prevent knee damage and Vega because it's amazing, pretty damn tasty and has lots of nutrients. My one a day i usually take every other day, always on lifting days.

You really don't need to take it but i always feel far healthier.