Vegan Challenges Professor to Triathlon

9nines

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO0609/S00236.htm

"Vegan Challenges Professor Robert Pickard to Triathlon

Christchurch vegan Ella Soryl (11) has challenged Professor Robert Pickard to prove his claims that her diet is lacking.

Ella, a life vegan who has never eaten animal products, won her school triathlon this year, and was a finalist in the Vegan Triathlon in 2006 and 2005. Ella has challenged Professor Pickard to compete with her in a one on one triathlon. "

More in article link.

“If you’re going to say silly things like children must eat animal products, you have to be prepared to put your money where your mouth is’ says Ella. “I challenge Professor Pickard to meet me on the sports field and run, swim and bike it out with me.”

This gal is badass. Please put up the story of her winning whenever it comes up!

Thats so awesome. I wish I was a better example of a vegan like badass Ella. How cool is it that the New Zealand dietic association says vegan diets are good for all stages of life? unlike ours that say you cant live without animal products.

What, you can't live without animal products? I'm MELTING! MELTING!

I seriously think that more and more people are starting to wake up from the nutritional nightmare that is modern day America though. Not to say that the majority of people still think you animal foods to live.