I just gave $100 to PETA

joelbct

I am not trying to brag, but to remind and encourage people. I for one can become complacent and forget how much my needs are more than provided for already, and how much the animals need our help.

Who else has donated to animal rights organizations recently or in the past year, or helped in other ways above and beyond being vegan, by protesting, volunteering, etc?

I gave $30 per month to the International Scociety for Cow Protection last year. http://www.iscowp.org I know the people who run the farm. They are very cool and do not take any of the donated money for themselves, even though they work 24/7 taking care of the cows and oxen. They work off the farm for a couple of months per year to collect enough money to support their simple lifestyle. I have been slacking in 2006, but I'm planning to get it together for 2007 and start donating again.

http://www.iscowp.org/photogallery/photo2502/Gita%20and%20herd.jpg

I went to viva.org.uk and had them send me a pack of leaflets so I can distribute them in the neighbourhood. I think they are information on animal abuse / information on 'how' to go veg*n. It's pretty cool, they send the leaflets for free, I think they are sending 100 for free.

I signed up for a payroll deduction donation so I give $20 a month to 5 different animal organizations.

I also get my checks through Messagechecks.com , and I chose the Peta message check, so PETA gets a small percentage of the profits from my order.

I also volunteer at my local animal shelter, visiting the adult cats there 1-3 times a week,. as my schedule allows.

We also give to PETA, and IFAW. Also to Dana Farber cancer research, local homeless shelter (also donate clothes), local animal shelter where we got our pooches. And my toys for tots mt bike ride is coming up soon, which I can't wait for. Just hope it snows first - that always makes it more festive.

To a number of organizations

This year to the Winnipeg Humane Society, Winnipeg Harvest (food bank),

Siloam Mission (homeless shelter), MS Society, Heart & Stroke Foundation, Hillcrest AIDS/HIV Centre, World Mission.

I wish I could do more but there are only so many dollars....