Holiday Dinner Plans?

robert

So, for those celebrating a holiday this season, what do you plan on whipping up?

My Vegan Sister normally takes care of all the food preparation, I just take care of eating it.

But I look forward to vegan bread rolls, mashed potatoes, fruits, olives, veggies, soups, and some sparkling cider.

Hope you have great holiday treats if that is something you're in to.

My girlfriend has a family tradition of eating cinnamon rolls after midnight mass...so I will go to midnight mass with her(I'm a bit curious to see how its different from the other Catholic Masses I've attended in the past) then we'll eat cinnamon rolls...open present and maybe throw down some nog with other vegan junky things...we must make sure we eat only carbs

I plan on making a vegan form of the traditional mushroom soup we have along with vegan pirogi.

Vegan pirogi? You got a recipe for that

We'll be having another tofurky feast with rosemary gravy and awesome stuffing. I can't freakin' wait. Kristy is the tofurky queen.

I just had some roasted chestnuts. Defenately gonna have some more of those during christmas. YUMMIEEEE

I know they more than average amount of veg things on christmas in Finland or so I've heard from Finnish friends. I also think that Finland and Estonia is pretty close cultural wise so maybe we could get some recipes from our Estonian friends, hint, hint

Also, if kuramus have a good recipe for borscht and/or chi (I know there are a lot of Russians in Estonia) I would be glad to have it. Again -> hint, hint

I plan on making a vegan form of the traditional mushroom soup we have along with vegan pirogi.

Vegan pirogi? You got a recipe for that

We'll be having another tofurky feast with rosemary gravy and awesome stuffing. I can't freakin' wait. Kristy is the tofurky queen.

I'm able to purchase some store bought vegan perogies (potato & onion)

Of course I live in the perogie capital of Canada

I've seen different variations made with fruit too.

Christmas is aways spent with Family, so I tend to get special treatment when it comes to the Christmas dinner... Also being in Australia, it will be hot (last year it was 42C) so the menu tends to involve more salads etc...

This year it will be a Tempeh and Tofu Salad with extra steamed veges etc.. Followed by Vegan Christmas pudding and Soy custard, all washed down with Vegan Champagne, then probably followed by vegan chocolates...

The only holiday we celebrate is New Years, and that only for the excuse of having a vegan potluck!

Can anybody say Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World? We can, we just got the book this weekend and already have made some fantastic yummies. We need to make sure the recipes are good before our party, right?

i'm going to buy a tofurkey.. a big one ( i hope they have a huge one, in the health-food store ), so other people can eat it too.. i can raise some interest on other people by doing that, it's great to start conversations about health or AR, tofurkey is not a super food ( although they're usually organic), but it's waay better than the regular turkey everybody eats on christmas or thanksgiving.

The only holiday we celebrate is New Years, and that only for the excuse of having a vegan potluck!

Is New Year's going to have a Potluck over in the Burgh?

Of course, any excuse will do. 10 people confirmed so far (4 are children), and 12 maybes. Most of the maybes will likely stop by for a little while at least.

i'm going to buy a tofurkey.. a big one ( i hope they have a huge one, in the health-food store ), so other people can eat it too.. i can raise some interest on other people by doing that, it's great to start conversations about health or AR, tofurkey is not a super food ( although they're usually organic), but it's waay better than the regular turkey everybody eats on christmas or thanksgiving.

WAAAY better. Tofurky is awesome. I love it.