An Inconvenient Truth..... anyone see it?

JW

No not at all which is pretty funny. They really don't talk about what you can do in the movie. At the end they give websites and information on how you can help but they don't mention a single thing in the movie. I liked how they did that because they saved the movie for the undeniable facts.

Very good movie. I'm gonna watch Outfoxed in a little bit.

i've ordered that movie from netflix, i hope i like it.. =)

Does he talk about vegetarianism or anything like that?

No, but it is mentioned on the website. Probably because the film was meant for a pretty mainstream audience they didn't want to turn anyone off my talking about the vegetarian thing. For most people this sort of change in thinking takes baby steps. The first is just acknowledging that global warming even exists.

Really good movie tho, highly recommended.

where do you see it on the site? i dont see any mention of eating veg on there...... for an intro into global warming its not bad... a much better flick is "Are We Changing Planet Earth?" by David Attenborough (the guy who does all the animal documentaries for bbc) ... its purely amazing

where do you see it on the site? i dont see any mention of eating veg on there......

Under 'Take Action', then Page 4 of 'What you can do at home' it says:

"Eat less meat

Methane is the second most significant greenhouse gas and cows are one of the greatest methane emitters. Their grassy diet and multiple stomachs cause them to produce methane, which they exhale with every breath."

Sort of a pathetic half hearted attempt but at least it's sorta mentioned.

Other steps you can take on page 4:

buy locally grown and produced food

buy fresh food instead of frozen

seek out and support local farmers markets

buy organic food as much as possible

avoid heavily packaged products

Haven't seen it yet.

I just watched Fahrenheit 9/11 for the first time. It was ok but I was underwhelmed by it. I've yet to be positively impressed by Michael Moore's stuff but for being fairly mainstream I guess much of it's pretty good... I also picked up a copy of Fahrenhype 9/11, critique / response to Moore's film. I'll probably watch that manana.

I saw the film a couple of times with friends. I thought it was very very well done, aimed at the mainstream audience. I wanted to talk about the film afterwards, but you know how the audience usually just gets up and leaves to go home (at least here) (there are no cool places to sit and talk at night).......and it sparked an idea for a film series I call TALKIES. We hope to show films at the local Movie Theatre and encourage people to stay and talk about the experience afterwards.

Do you know of other films with powerfully good messages for the health of our Planet? We are scheduled to show a film called "ONE" next month.

"An Inconvienent Truth" planted the seed, with dramatic facts, that our planet's climate is changing, why, and what we can do to stop or even reverse the trend. I would like to see more films of this nature. "Earthlings" was considered for the series, but it is a bit too strong for the general audience. It would be great to take baby steps in education of the public, Al Gore's film does this with the global warming issue......is there a film that addresses veganism in this manner?

TALKIES ..... I love that idea!!!

We have an animal rights group in Winnipeg called Animal Watch which will show films periodically sometimes coupled with a guest speaker. It would be great to have a regular monthly showing though.

The last one shown was Peaceable Kingdom

Good, but I was disappointed as I have been in Gore for years now. I'm sick of his mediocrity, though he's consistent. A thirty-second spot to mention, as endcruelty wrote, about factory farming would in no way have been "radical" or out of the mainstream's comprehensibility, though it demands its place at the top of the list of subject matters which should have been covered. I doubt the public would have had their delicate sensibilities shattered over such facts.

Yes, I'm angry at Gore. It is unfathomable that he would not even address such a devastating issue. I find it repulsive.

His ties to cattle industry have nothing to do with any of this, of course.

I suppose I could see the disappointment in the omission of any mention of factory farming, but I can't say that I could be angry at him. His public stance on global warming is a good thing. Could be a better thing...... but still a good thing.

Yeah finally in movie form what this poor bloke has been doing for years. Now lazy bastards like myself will watch it and pass along the good word. Great movie, a must see, a must act on..Now! Why am I online typing this I should be out helping save the environment wtf!!

great movie, although it was a mainstream movie, they should talk about or give information about the majors ''pollutants'' of usa and other countries, they didn't have to say the whole thing, cuz that wouldn't help the video becoming famous, but at least say somethin'...about it.

great movie, although it was a mainstream movie, they should talk about or give information about the majors ''pollutants'' of usa and other countries, they didn't have to say the whole thing, cuz that wouldn't help the video becoming famous, but at least say somethin'...about it.

To the average person, who doesn't know much about pollutants (or anything actually), it's probably a feeling that they've done their part and pitched in by watching this movie, kind of like how everyone who read a book by Atkins or the South Beach Diet thinks they're RD's.

What? the whole thing is about releasing too much CO2 and graphically demonstrates how the US is by far the worst for producing this greenhouse gas.