Portable snacks

Clif Builder Bars, like a candy bar only with 20g of soy protein, although I'm not sure they are available yet in the UK. They weren't las summer when I was there, I had to smuggle in a few cases for my friends.

Peanut butter sandwiches, it just doesn't get any cheaper or easier for bulking.

Soymilk in aseptic packs.

Everyone at work make jokes about the fact I spend the whole day eating nuts!

What is Halva?

Oh I see --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halva

Can you make this? Or where do you buy it!

Shouldn't be that hard to get. Not sure about making it, never tried. Maybe health/wholefood shops, or even ethnic shops?? It's a bit sickly but the fastest way to consume 400 calories

you can make halva... i have done it before... just google halva(h) recipes and see what you find

as for portable snacks, my new favorite bar comes from the Vegan Food Bar people. they have one called "Protein" that has 24 grams of protein and 300 calories. it's made of almond butter, brown rice protein, dates, flax sprouts, and raisins. i love it! such an easy way to get a good dose of pre or post workout protein and fat. i'm not sure how good it is for a cutting cycle as it's got 12 grams of fat and 22 grams of sugar, but the sugar is from dates and raisins, so it's good on the glycemic index.

one other easy snack is flax crackers. you just soak the flax seeds for a few ours, drain them (they will be coated in slime now), spread them out on a dehydrater (or stone if you're going to sun dry them), and dry them until crisp. easy, high protein high calorie snack that is portable. but they tend to stick in my teeth a little, so remember the floss! lol