There are no words .... :-(

Crash

I received these links to videos via email and have to confess I couldn't watch them. I just can't understand how some people can do these awful things.

Great reasons to go vegan and to include all animals in animal protection laws ! The people responsible for these acts should all be prosecuted. Unfortunately, thanks to agribrusiness lobbyists, farm animals are not included in animal protection laws. We need new laws and more people involved in this, so please don't keep this secret. The more people that know about this, the more amount of people that will get involved.

Warning: These videos are reported to be very graphic.

Go here to see one of the most horrifying videos ever. A downed cow is actually thrown into a meat shredder alive.

More proof of how barbaric some humans can be.

US SOLDIERS FEED LIVE DONKEYS TO LIONS IN IRAQ ZOO - VERY ENTERTAINING AFTERNOON FOR THEM IT SEEMS - NOT JUST CONCERN FOR THE HUNGRY CATS !

http://www.../showcomm.aspx?itemnum=6407&aid=19

you will have to click on go back to clip at the top to view the footage

if that link doesn't work go here

http:// www. evtv1. com ( close spaces )

Ok these dear cats must be fed obviously - but they do not know how to kill the way they would in the wild - the way this should have been done is by taking already dead animals and feeding them - this one donkey was alive for a very long time ....... this is just another case of some sicko's getting kicks out the suffering of animals - our soldiers absolutely not at their best !

The thing that is so ing yet again - is how these men display pleasure - like some kind of entertainment - going back to the days of the gladiators !

I just don't have the words.....

I received these links to videos via email and have to confess I couldn't watch them. I just can't understand how some people can do these awful things.

Great reasons to go vegan and to include all animals in animal protection laws ! The people responsible for these acts should all be prosecuted. Unfortunately, thanks to agribrusiness lobbyists, farm animals are not included in animal protection laws. We need new laws and more people involved in this, so please don't keep this secret. The more people that know about this, the more amount of people that will get involved.

Warning: These videos are reported to be very graphic.

Go here to see one of the most horrifying videos ever. A downed cow is actually thrown into a meat shredder alive.

More proof of how barbaric some humans can be.

US SOLDIERS FEED LIVE DONKEYS TO LIONS IN IRAQ ZOO - VERY ENTERTAINING AFTERNOON FOR THEM IT SEEMS - NOT JUST CONCERN FOR THE HUNGRY CATS !

http://www.../showcomm.aspx?itemnum=6407&aid=19

you will have to click on go back to clip at the top to view the footage

if that link doesn't work go here

http:// www. evtv1. com ( close spaces )

Ok these dear cats must be fed obviously - but they do not know how to kill the way they would in the wild - the way this should have been done is by taking already dead animals and feeding them - this one donkey was alive for a very long time ....... this is just another case of some sicko's getting kicks out the suffering of animals - our soldiers absolutely not at their best !

The thing that is so ing yet again - is how these men display pleasure - like some kind of entertainment - going back to the days of the gladiators !

I just don't have the words.....

I have seen tons of awful videos like this since the war started. its such a shame.

It is a shame. Unfortunately barbarity and cruelty happens to these poor beings with or without war. It happens on factory farms and apparently the Iraqi zoo as well.

I received a correction to the 2nd story that soldiers weren't involved in that one - it was the zoo staff.

It has been brought to my attention ( even though someone wrote to me earlier to say that the soldier boys took part in the ' feeding ' before the filming - that it states on the video page that this is done at this zoo - and it was the zoo staff that put the donkey's in

Either way - this is horrible and for me just as bad that the lads seemed to take such enjoyment in seeing this ' live feeding ' and filming it - perhaps a good thing because now people can see how these captive animals are fed in zoo's in very foreign lands !

Do you all remember the daily show at zoo in China - where live goats were fed to tigers - for public display !? THAT EVENT WAS CLOSED DOWN ! Thank Goodness !

OK natural it is for an animal in the wild to attack and kill it's meal - but zoo conditions are not natural - and the actions are far from what one would see in the wild.

Barbaric - it is not the way things should be done as these animals do not have the quick kill instinct they have while growing up in the wild - it causes a lot of suffering before death, for the animals who are the intended meal.

This is my fault - I was so upset by the video - that I didn't take the time ( unusual for me ) to read the introduction to it.

It just confirms what a sad and cruel world we live in.

Over here in the news yesterday was a story about a puppy who froze to death. He had been chained inside a rabbit hutch and left outside to die

I agree that an animal murder should be treated the same as a human one and bring the same sentencing with it.

Count me as another one who can't watch these. I felt aweful for days after watching 'Gorillas in the Mist,' and that was just a movie (though based on true events). When I see cruelty this attrocious, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that won't go away for days, and the images keep coming back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this update on the Iraqi zoo's current feeding practices.

I am happy as long as someone is overseeing the care and feeding of the animals there - the news about the head keeper is absolutely tragic - and our hearts go out to his family .. I am confident that the animals will and are being be watched over and that the situation has now changed for them - and their ' menue's ! ' have gone from live to pre slaughtered meals

----- Original Message -----

To: cvfa.uk

Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:40 PM

Subject: Baghdad Zoo

MESSAGE FOR Cornwall’s Voice for Animals

From Mal Squance – Acting Chief Executive of The Donkey Sanctuary

Thank you so much for making us aware of the situation. From various contacts I have now ascertained that in fact this video was filmed two years ago by American soldiers. No names are mentioned of those who were involved in the incident and it was not officially sanctioned by the zoo management as feeding policy. The lions are currently fed a combination of packaged buffalo meat, supplemented with donkey (slaughtered). The zoo operates on a budget supplied by the Municipality. Just to underline the current situation facing zoo staff, the keeper of the lions, who has worked at the zoo pretty much since it was opened, was killed in an explosion a couple of weeks ago.

In view of this, I don’t think we should push this as a press release due to the fact that it is so dated and, by all accounts, this practice does not now take place.

Through their contacts, SPANA have also raised their objection with the Iraq Embassy etc. This has been taken very seriously in the animal welfare world and aspects such as this are quite horrendous to view on the internet but I suppose it does make us more aware of the atrocities that take place and enable us, as animal welfare organisations, to combine forces and take some action.

My very best wishes to you in your work and do call in if you are passing this way.

Kind regards.