Who Shares Your Star Sign?

Merched Figan

__________FAMOUS VEGANS AND THEIR STAR SIGNS__________

ARIES: Benjamin Zephaniah, Cesar Chavez, Kerry McCarthy, Casey Kasem

TAURUS: Hunter Burgan, Michael Franti, Daniel Johns, Janez Drnovšek, Coretta Scott King

GEMINI: Andre Benjamin ( aka: Andre 3000), Dennis Lyxzén, Bif Naked, Prince

CANCER: Pep Love, Carl Lewis, Ingrid Newkirk

LEO: Steve Jocz, Fred Mascherino, Ed Templeton, Peter Bogdanovich, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck

VIRGO: Fiona Apple, Chrissie Hynde, Ted Leo, Moby, Shania Twain, River Phoenix

LIBRA: Jaci Velasquez, Thom Yorke, Dennis Kucinich, Peter Max, Russell Simmons, Donald Watson

SCORPIO: Bryan Adams, Davey Havok, Grace Slick, Scott Jurek, Joaquin Phoenix

SAGITTARIUS: Brian Bell, Sinéad O’Connor, Summer Phoenix

CAPRICORN: Greg Cipes, Mutabaruka, Mac Danzig

AQUARIUS: Peter Tatchell, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, James Cromwell, Alice Walker

PISCES: Dav Pilkey, Haki R. Madhubuti, Erykah Badu, Common, Peter Brock

Edited by Merched Figan

Pisces.

I don't know any of my "famous" people either.

I don't think this is a very complete famous people list. If it is, we're in trouble.

We need more vegans!

I know there are more. I'll continue my research. By the way, I'm a Pisces too. Dav Pilkey wrote this (comic) book series of "Captain Underpants"--I used to read them a good bit when I was younger. Now I have more reasons to appreciate the author.

AN "UPDATED" LIST OF VEGANS AND THEIR STAR SIGNS

ARIES: Benjamin Zephaniah, Cesar Chavez, Kerry McCarthy, Casey Kasem, Robert Hart, Agnetha Fältskog, Nellie McKay, Billy West

TAURUS: Hunter Burgan, Michael Franti, Daniel Johns, Janez Drnovšek, Coretta Scott King, Bill Ward, Patrick Vogel, Benjamin Spock

GEMINI: Andre Benjamin ( aka: Andre 3000), Dennis Lyxzén, Morrissey, Bif Naked, Prince, Todd Kowalski, Andy Hurley, Daniel Lorenz Johnson, Maya Keyes, Keenen Ivory Wayans

CANCER: Pep Love, Carl Lewis, Ingrid Newkirk, Zim Zum

LEO: Ben Gibbard, Steve Jocz, Fred Mascherino, Ed Templeton, Peter Bogdanovich, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Bernard Fanning, Elizabeth Berkley, Jacob Calle, Lisa Marx, Pierre Robert, Rikki Rockett

VIRGO: Fiona Apple, Chrissie Hynde, Ted Leo, Moby, Shania Twain, River Phoenix, Howard Lyman, Pink

LIBRA: Jaci Velasquez, Thom Yorke, Dennis Kucinich, Peter Max, Russell Simmons, Donald Watson, Mark Nelson, James McCartney, Steve Kilbey, Emily Deschanel, Alex Greenwald, Seth Schoen, Alicia Silverstone, Bryan Erickson, Martina Navratilova

SCORPIO: Bryan Adams, Davey Havok, Grace Slick, Scott Jurek, Joaquin Phoenix, k.d. lang, Michael Diamond, Kevin Nealon, Persia White, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Mutt Lange

SAGITTARIUS: Brian Bell, Sinéad O’Connor, Summer Phoenix, Bill Steer, Marten Andersson, Warren Cuccurullo, Kurupt (aka: Young Gotti), Fred Patten, Paul Watson, Rudy Tomjanovich

CAPRICORN: Greg Cipes, Mutabaruka, Mac Danzig, Michael John Burkett (aka: Fat Mike)

AQUARIUS: Conor Oberst, Peter Tatchell, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, James Cromwell, Alice Walker, Kathleen Jannaway, Heather Small, David Sztybel, Brian Greene, Doc Hammer, Dexter Scott King

PISCES: Dav Pilkey, Haki R. Madhubuti, Erykah Badu, Common, Peter Brock, Juha, Robert Cheeke,

Edited by Merched Figan

scorpio.... moody and broody. just like KD lang and joaquin phoenix apparently. haha. Maybe i can channel their combined creative energy and be a better actor/musician.

I believe in you, CL. Besides, I find you to be very nice. Perhaps it doesn't hurt that we're both water signs.

Capricorn. I don't know any of my people...

*Michael John Burkett, more commonly known as Fat Mike, is the lead singer and bassist of the popular band NOFX, as well as bass player for Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

*Mac Danzig is an American professional mixed martial arts instructor & practitioner, and is a former champion for the King of the Cage and Gladiator Challenge mixed martial arts organizations.

*Greg Cipes is an American voice and film actor. He is also a singer, musician, composer, and professional surfer.

*Mutabaruka is a Jamaican dub poet. His name comes from the Rwandan language and translates as "one who is always victorious."

Edited by Merched Figan

Aquarius, and none of them look familiar.

Peter Tatchell is a British human rights activist, famous internationally for his attempts to perform a citizen's arrest on Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe.

Isa Chandra Moskowitz is the cookbook author of Vegan with a Vengeance.

James Cromwell is an Academy Award-nominated American television and film actor. He plays the farmer in Babe and that's what actually made him go vegan.

Alice Walker is an African-American author and feminist who received the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1983 for The Color Purple.

Kathleen Jannaway was the former secretary of the Vegan Society and founder of The Movement for Compassionate Living (founded in 1984).

Heather Small is an English soul singer.

David Sztybel is a Canadian ethicist specializing in animal ethics.

Brian Greene is a physicist and one of the best-known string theorists. Since 1996 he has been a professor at Columbia University.

Doc Hammer is a multi-disciplinary artist, most notable as co-writer (with Christopher McCulloch), editor, and voice actor (Doctor Girlfriend, Henchman #21 and Master Billy Quizboy) for the animated television series The Venture Bros.. He is also a musician and was part of the bands Mors Syphilitica and Requiem in White with then-wife Lisa Hammer, whom he has since divorced, but still works with on The Venture Bros., where she voices Triana Orpheus. He is credited for his earlier work as E.A. Hammer.

Dexter Scott King is the second son of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. and Coretta Scott King.

Edited by Merched Figan

Conor Oberst is an American singer-songwriter best known for his work in Bright Eyes. He has also played in several indie rock bands, including Desaparecidos, Commander Venus and Park Ave., and is co-founder and executive partner in the independent record labels Team Love and Saddle Creek Records.

i worship conor oberst. i dont think he's vegan anymore tho, i heard somewhere he eats fish.

Capricorn. I don't know any of my people...

*Michael John Burkett, more commonly known as Fat Mike, is the lead singer and bassist of the popular band NOFX, as well as bass player for Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

*Mac Danzig is an American professional mixed martial arts instructor & practitioner, and is a former champion for the King of the Cage and Gladiator Challenge mixed martial arts organizations.

*Greg Cipes is an American voice and film actor. He is also a singer, musician, composer, and professional surfer.

*Mutabaruka is a Jamaican dub poet. His name comes from the Rwandan language and translates as "one who is always victorious."

I also know that Martin Luther King Jr. is a capricorn, as we share a birthday. I think Jim Carrey has a birthday within a few days of mine also.