Addicted to the forum?

robert

I've kind of known for a while that I'm a bit addicted to the forum. I am addicted to the internet in general and haven't gone more than 4 or 5 days in a row without the internet in the past 3 years or so.

I was out of town the past two days and was officially off the forum for about 30 hours. Normally no big deal on a weekend, but I came back tonight to login and saw more than 500 new posts since my short break away.

A break from the internet might actually do me some good.

Has anyone else noticed an addiction to the forum, or to the internet in general?

I know I'm addicted for sure. I always want to know what's going on, it's my motherly instinct! I was like that as a manager at 24 Hour Fitness years ago too. I always wanted to be at the club, always wanted to know what was going on, etc.

So for me, I think part of my addiction is because I'm the Admin and creator of the forum. I want to make sure everything is going well with it.

But I also have a whole lot of fun here, have met some amazing people and just really enjoy my time posting on here and getting to know others.

So I'm addicted, any way you look at it.

I think You NOW hold those records

My own personal record is probably around 75 posts for a day and I think veganpotter has a similar one day total. xdarthveganx put up some serious numbers recently too, but I doubt anyone has broken the 100-post mark in a single day. That is, until now.

I think You NOW hold those records

My own personal record is probably around 75 posts for a day and I think veganpotter has a similar one day total. xdarthveganx put up some serious numbers recently too, but I doubt anyone has broken the 100-post mark in a single day. That is, until now.

I hold it too good sir.

Well done gentlemen. Well done. Combined you both posted more today than most vegan forums get from all their members combined in a single day. I told you, I was gone for just over 24 hours, came back and there were well over 500 unread posts!

I battle with the issue sometimes....

I go through periods where I just have to step back a bit.

Seems to me that the addiction thing is what causes some members to eventually leave forums.

If you get to the point where life in the forums affect or take away significant time from your personal or work life.... you have to step back.

I guess the secret is to not let it get to that point

Addicted? Not really. But it's part of my (almost) daily routine, like brushing my teeth!

(Though I must say,the 'relationships' forum is definitely moving out of my range of interest, so I may stop visiting that section...though there are other threads there that are no problem, and I'd hate to miss out on reading those. )

I am most definately addicted to the forum...it keeps me from getting in the studio(well I'm here I'm just not doing any work), and if I have to work and get get on I go nuts. As for training the forum doesn't ruin that since training is one of the things I talk about here.

i've been fairly addicted since I got back to Virginia and got back at school.[ I know if was rarely on the board the last year when I was working all the time.] One because I am always sitting at my desk cramming informtion into my head, and it takes only a few min to check in, and two, because I have absolutely no social life at the moment, and you guys are "friends" that are always accesable. Occasionally there are the conflicts on this board, but generally everyone tries to be constructive and communicate in a civil way.