Is this fair? Bedroom distribution

robert

Should the bedrooms go to our event organizers?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are 5 bedrooms in our rental house that can hold up to 24 people. Plenty of other rooms and places to sleep are all throughout the house but there are only 5 actual bedrooms.

I had a thought that the bedrooms would go to the main organizers who are putting in a lot of extra work to make this event happen. I thought a nice reward for those people would be to give them their own room (some will be sharing with another person or family as well).

Does this seem fair?

The other option is to charge more for those who will have a bedroom.

As of right now (really sorry if I missed anyone) the MAIN organizers are:

robert

Michelle

xdarthveganx

loveliberate

Others have helped out too, which is great, but these 4 people have put in significant amount of work into this event and I'd like to reward them with a bedroom to stay in. Of course that leaves one extra room for another potential organizer or we can draw straws or something.

There will be plenty of other rooms and places to sleep so don't feel like there won't be places to sleep other than bedrooms, because there will be lots of areas. I just wanted to mention this idea for or organizers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only think that because you'll be sharing a room with me! So you get a bedroom by default if we go with this plan

Master Bedroom Suite, I assume

Nice that you mention the family part....I forgot that. Loveliberate and I were chatting about that the other night at dinner. That is also a good idea.

Some rooms will be shared, that's all. If an organizer has a significant other, or a traveling partner or something like that, I think it is fair to allow them to stay together.

This idea is to reward the organizers for their work and it leaves one extra room......for a family or potential future organizer (still work to be done).

We'll see what people think before we decide on it.

I hear ya, I just wanted to think of something to give back to the organizers and thought of this because it wouldn't "cost" us anything. I can't afford to pay organizers or buy gifts, but this I (we) can offer for free as a thank you for their hard work.

There will be many areas to sleep. The house is 3 stories tall, with tons of rooms, (5 specific bedrooms) including rooms that are a bit more isolated and quieter than the livingroom, main level of the house.

So it shouldn't be too hard to find good places to sleep within the house.

For as long as space endures

And for as long as living beings remain,

Until then may I too abide

To dispel the misery of the world.

Shantideva

I sleep on the floor if somebody needs soft pillows to sleep well.

I'm sure I would be top spot if "pillows" were needed lol

I do, but I can't respond.

I'm glad so many people are really flexible with where they sleep. I really do think there will be tons of places. The house looks pretty big and there will only be up to 24 of us in that one. Remember the pool table is taken.

I personally don't care one way or the other, we can sleep anywhere. I don't know how old LL's kids are, but keep in mind that kids typically go to bed much earlier than the rest of us. Also, the kids will likely all decide to pile in one room together. A quiet room away from the air hockey etc. woulld be good.

I'll be spending the summer (perhaps more indefinitely..?) sleeping on the ground or straw. I could care less if I'm on a couch or bed or floor - I like to be near people when I sleep, though, so the more people who want to smoosh in with me/sleep beside me/sleep in the same room as me, the better.

I don't know how old LL's kids are, but keep in mind that kids typically go to bed much earlier than the rest of us.

My kids are fairly young & they are likely to be up long after many of the adults!

Yeah, I guess those few days will be anything but "typical" kid days. They will probably stay awake all four days just to make sure they don't miss anything.