detox.

Matty Cakes

EDIT: i had posted questions about your upcoming detox but found the other thread and posted there instead.

andesuma: that's super impressive. 30 days gave you strength, resilience and self-confidence. i guess that's why you always sound so strong and authoratative (in a good way... that sounds kind of stark the way i stated it). anyway... still very impressed. i'll have to research fasting and see if i might be able to do it.

andesuma: that's super impressive. 30 days gave you strength, resilience and self-confidence. i guess that's why you always sound so strong and authoratative (in a good way... that sounds kind of stark the way i stated it). anyway... still very impressed. i'll have to research fasting and see if i might be able to do it.

thanks

I do know what I am talking about, 110% of the time..

I swear.

hah

For me now, it's just a matter of coming to terms with when and how long

I am going to go without food, and what I'll consume in that time frame.

I know my body well enough, to know what will nourish me the most.

It is a long road to get to this point, but I am so grateful to have

the profound knowledge and insight I do about myself, and raw foods

ingeneral.

I was thinking of doing another water fast, if I save up enough

to go to a raw retreat sometime. Sounds ideal.

Also, I wanna join the Master Cleansing on Monday!!

That will be perfect, although I might have to modify what I consume,

I don't think I can go 10 days without GREENS..(juiced), hmm.... we'll see

i stepped two feet inside that place and i gagged. when i was a little kid, i never remembered ice cream smelling like that. seriously. worst think ever. i can't even describe the smell. dead stuff i guess. i didn't even have to ask my friend if it smelled bad to him. i knew by the 20 odd people crowded inside the store that it was undetected by them.

anyway, on the other end, i was at the gym and even though the pool is behind glass with it's entrance from inside the locker room and i've never once smelled it before, i could clearly smell chlorine from halfway across the gym floor. outside in the parking lot i could smell it too.

sunday when i went grocery shopping, i noticed something. red kale smells like flowers. like really sweet smelling flowers. i wanted to bottle the sent and sell it. then i realized most people probably can't smell it. and i picked my fruit by what smelled the best. it was pretty intense to say the least.

and that's my requisite ramble for the week.

I don't think that I have had normal taste or smell for most of my life. I suffer from terrible sinus/allergy problems. I would do just about anything to get rid of them. I get migraines, watery eyes, stuffiness, etc... The only time I didn't have trouble was when I did the Hallelujah Diet. Anyone familiar with that? Anyway, I did that for about 3 years and had no problems. Then like a dummy, I went back to the SAD. Boredom mostly. Now I am trying to eat that way again but it doesn't seem to be doing the job like the first time. The first time, I detoxed like crazy. Felt like I had the flu for about a week.

This time I have been meat free for almost a year (March) but I have been eating feta cheese and some other things I shouldn't be, like some processed foods. I need to get more serious. But damn, its hard to give up the stuff you really like. Sigh.

if you have sinus problems and lots of thick mucous, you should definitely cut ALL dairy out of your diet. All of it. Dairy products cause the body to produce lots of extra mucous, and it's thicker than normal.

you might also want to try cutting out gluten, or at least wheat. Gluten causes a thickening of the mucous.

When i was a little kid i had similar problems to you, but i found that i was allergic to gluten enough that it was causing those problems. I knew i was allergic to milk, but i ate some dairy anyway. Once i cut out those two things, i stopped having sinus problems completely. No sinus problems at all. And I can't even remember the last time i was sick.

Okay, detox Monday. I wonder which one I will do... I'll check the other thread now...