raw food at 100%

cfacile

100% raw? c'est pas essential. (Excuse my frenglish. i'd write all in french for you, but i'm in a hurry and that makes me have to think too much)

if you eat 0% raw food, then increase to 10% will be good.

increase to 25% will be better. 50% even better. 75% amazing.

now 100% is something that you can't do immediately. you must work toward 100% as your goal. but just add more raw food here and there.

if your diet starts having more raw food, you will see benefits (benefice).

try just eating one meal all raw every few days. eat more salads and fruits. if your family cooks carrots and broccoli with steak, eat the carrots and broccoli and ask for some of it to be raw so you can have some raw fresh vegetable. convince your family to buy more fruits. pommes, citrons, raisins, bleuets, baies, cerises, framboises, ananas, bananes, etc. beaucoup des fruits et legumes. whatever you can get. the salads will make it easier to start. and leefy greens.

In addition to what's already been said...

If nothing else, try and eat as natural as possible.

Minimally processed foods, the more raw the better.

Also, always eat raw foods before cooked foods.

(ie. a salad before dinner, fruits throughout the day, snack

on carrots and cherry tomatoes before lunch, etc.)

Maybe even start out with one or two vegan meals per week

(if your family is involved, or knows)

Be creative and have fun with it! This is a lifestyle of enjoyment..

now 100% is something that you can't do immediately. you must work toward 100% as your goal.

boo! let's not push your own limitations on other people

well, fellas, if you read some of cfacile's other posts, you will see that cfacile is new to the whole thing, not just the raw thing. also, if you read a lot of qhat andesuma has to say in other posts, you'll see that even she believes that due to the harsh detox that a raw diet puts the body through, someone should definitely not just suddenly go 100% raw. it's something you work towards.

Going 100% is a personal progression, how fast or slow you make that progression is up to the individual but at some point it must be made, it's something you decide you either do or you don't, if you don't then your going against the laws of nature and your bodies natural will, it's really not our choice to decide if we go 100% or not, we are all supposed to be 100% raw, it's our bodies natural make up...

A lot of these debates begin because people like the idea of going raw but don't want to let go of their cooked foods and want to come to some kind of compremise but that's not what going raw is about, you gotta go cold turkey and 100%, you gotta break free of all of the addictive and dumbing down effects that cooked food brings!

Yeah the detox is tough and 90% of the people that try it never get past the first 2 weeks but shouldn;'t that be a sign as to how critical it is to get off cooked food, after all, why do we have to go through a detox/withdrawls if cooked food is so harmless?

Why is is that we can quit fruits in the bat of an eyelid and never think of it ever again, yet when we try to quit cooked foods we are bombarded withdrawl symptoms and emotional purges.

Think about it guys there's so much to going raw than a good concept.....it takes hard work and a realisation that cooked food has been manipulated to keep you addicted.

So the idea of going 100% is not just for the elitists/perfectionist it's vital and I think that a lot of people need to really think long aand hard about taking these steps!!!!

i went fruity before i knew what a vegan was and being a big meat head making fun of rabbit food eating vegetarians. i never heard about it i just tasted some fruit when i was chronically dehydrated and said, "wow this is so good, so hydrating, i can tell my body needs it. i bet i could live off of it" - lightbulb!, and now its been almost 3 years...

i think its been easy for me because a) no one told me i couldn't and b) it was my own realization and original idea - not something someone told me i should do...

point is, limitations only work if you buy in to 'em.

I totally agree Bigbwii, 100% is something to strive for..

sometimes in our modern world it can take on many forms though.

Someone else's definition of "100%", could not be own, in fact.

Detox can be tough, and it can pop up when you least expect it,

I would say it's uncomfortable, but as long as you endure, you'll

be healthier and healthier after each time.

& I absolutely agree with cooked foods addictive (un?)nature...

I use to be such a sugar and starch addict, I cannot believe how far

I have come with that...

I cannot believe in severals years, I have lived without

peanut butter sandwiches, tempeh, toasted bagels with soy butter,

pastas, lasagna, etc.

After the initial withdrawels, I've never wanted to touch the stuff.

Most people are so in love with there pleasures/addictions though,

they get defensive if you try to even provide the notion they are addicted.

they get defensive if you try to even provide the notion they are addicted.

That's not just raw food though, that's almost anything in life that involves a lifestyle change. It's sad how it shows how blatantenly close-minded people can be too.

i agree.. people get defensive because ( obviously ) they feel offended with suggestions like that.. it's just what vegetarianism does to omnivores..

the only reason why vegetarians 'usually' don't go crazy like omnivores is because they've already experienced changes in their lifestyle... they've been in both places... but there's a lot of vegans out there who still totally narrow-minded, in which is sad.

Well imaging your minding your own business and some stranger tells you that the way you, your family and all of your friends have been living is all wrong and you should give up all your favourite foods and treats forever, right now!

I'm sure you'd be defensive too, that's why the majority of people that stay raw are people that are trying to cure themselves of illness and are looking at raw veganism as a last hope, It's a real shame that it takes serious illness to wake some people up but such is the nature of our society.

People don't want to think that after all this time by choosing to eat cook food they have infact been commiting slow suicide and that their choices could be responsible for causing such damage to their own bodies and the bodies of their loved ones, especially if there's children involved, it's embarrassing for people to think that they can be fooled by the food industry into thinking that cooked food is anything but healthy and nutritious, so don't expect any thanks.

If there's one thing I've leant is that cooked food never gives, it always takes, while you may be getting away with it so far, it's going to bring you down, maybe not now or tomorrow but it will bring you down eventually way before your time.

So yeah while it's cool to boast about how many burrito's and how much other crap you can eat, spare a thought for what's really going on internaly when you burden you body in such a way, think about where all the additives, chemicals, fats, etc are being stored and instead of overworking and exhausting your internal organs by stuffing yourself with dead food, try helping your body and give it what it needs to regenerate and heal.

Well imaging your minding your own business and some stranger tells you that the way you, your family and all of your friends have been living is all wrong and you should give up all your favourite foods and treats forever, right now!

Interestingly enough, you just did that!

that's why the majority of people that stay raw are people that are trying to cure themselves of illness

Hmm, I am healing myself with a high raw diet, and some cooked food!:shock:

People don't want to think that after all this time by choosing to eat cook food they have infact been commiting slow suicide and that their choices could be responsible for causing such damage to their own bodies and the bodies of their loved ones, especially if there's children involved, it's embarrassing for people to think that they can be fooled by the food industry into thinking that cooked food is anything but healthy and nutritious, so don't expect any thanks.

You say that, but according to your biography, you went from junk food cooked diet, to raw, never in between. How can you comment on that when you have never had a cooked vegan diet with nutritious things like beans, rice, steamed vegetables, or vegetables at all? If you had experienced that type of diet, then you may have some credibility, but don't comment on something you haven't experienced. Some cooked things like beans, rice, steamed vegetables, etc in addition to a largely raw diet are not a death sentence, and I don't truly believe they're all that bad for you.

If there's one thing I've leant is that cooked food never gives, it always takes,

Yeah, that's why we're alive.

while you may be getting away with it so far, it's going to bring you down, maybe not now or tomorrow but it will bring you down eventually way before your time.

A poor diet in poor nutrient cooked foods and limited raw, yes. Some cooked, high raw, no. Cooked food is not a death sentence, less nutrititious, yes.

So yeah while it's cool to boast about how many burrito's and how much other crap you can eat, spare a thought for what's really going on internaly when you burden you body in such a way, think about where all the additives, chemicals, fats, etc are being stored and instead of overworking and exhausting your internal organs by stuffing yourself with dead food, try helping your body and give it what it needs to regenerate and heal.

I agree with you there, partially. Burritos really aren't all that bad, vegetables, beans, lots of nutrition there.

Interestingly enough, you just did that!

that's why the majority of people that stay raw are people that are trying to cure themselves of illness

Hmm, I am healing myself with a high raw diet, and some cooked food!:shock:

You say that, but according to your biography, you went from junk food cooked diet, to raw, never in between. How can you comment on that when you have never had a cooked vegan diet with nutritious things like beans, rice, steamed vegetables, or vegetables at all? If you had experienced that type of diet, then you may have some credibility, but don't comment on something you haven't experienced. Some cooked things like beans, rice, steamed vegetables, etc in addition to a largely raw diet are not a death sentence, and I don't truly believe they're all that bad for you.

If there's one thing I've leant is that cooked food never gives, it always takes,

Yeah, that's why we're alive.

while you may be getting away with it so far, it's going to bring you down, maybe not now or tomorrow but it will bring you down eventually way before your time.

A poor diet in poor nutrient cooked foods and limited raw, yes. Some cooked, high raw, no. Cooked food is not a death sentence, less nutrititious, yes.

I agree with you there, partially. Burritos really aren't all that bad, vegetables, beans, lots of nutrition there.

Ha,ha so you wanna call me out???

Then c'mon fella....

I was raised on rice and beans, your talking about someone that loved eating so much that I could eat anyone under the table, I used food to comfort me when I was stressed, angry, sad or just plain bored, I was your classic addict!!!

I spent the early part of my life eating meat, rice, breads, veggies, whole foods and junk foods, then spent about five years as a vegan eating all kinds of foods from vegan junkfoods to whole foods like rice, veggies, breads, soy products and yeah it all tasted great but none the less was doing a lot of damage to my body both mentally and physically, so for you to say that I have not experienced vegan foods and that I don't know what I'm talking about is crap!

Which is exactly why I can say what I say because I've been there, not just once but many times......it doesn't matter how you wanna put it cooked food is cooked food and vegan or not it's not good for your health.

You obviously have no idea what I've been through or what I've experienced so until you know more about me I suggest you don't try to call me out....I really don't care if you agree with what I post or not because I'm all about agreeing to dissagree but just don't try to tell me what my experience is!

A lot of vegans think that just because they have cooked vegetables and whole foods that it's going to be good for them but that's not entirely true, in my opinion and experience the diference is that it just gets you sick slower but it will get you sick, at the end of the day cooked food is cooked food and it's effects are universal!!!

Infact Zack try going at least 2-3 years 100% raw and see if I don't know what I'm talking about then!!!!

Believe me you'll learn more about life in that 2-3 years than you ever thought you could!

Trust me!

Your experience eating 50% raw or 100% raw will be two different experiences both mentaly and physically.

Edited by Bigbwii

That's the kind of info I wanted to hear from you man! That's totally cool, lots of times I feel like you just post articles, I wanted to read what you had to say, sorry for sounding rude though, didn't know how else I could get it outta ya.

Me personally? I strive for 100% raw. When I eat 70 or 80 or 90% raw I don’t see or feel the benefits. Everyday I try to eat only live foods. But I do slip. And boy can I feel the difference when I do. Going 100% is a huge transition and well worth it. I’ve been there and as soon as I introduced a few cooked foods, I stopped feeling GREAT! But it’s ok, because I just keep trying. I want to feel alive so I must eat food that is ALIVE!! Haha so that’s my 2 cents 

Oh but back to your question. I am sure you will be healthier by going 75% but you will not get the same results as if you had gone 100% raw.

That's the kind of info I wanted to hear from you man! That's totally cool, lots of times I feel like you just post articles, I wanted to read what you had to say, sorry for sounding rude though, didn't know how else I could get it outta ya.

Your just down right diss-respectfull man....

Everyone here knows that I'll help anyone with anything...all you had to do was ask instead of playing games.

I've posted a bunch of indepth info about myself here in the past, probably a bit too indepth at times....

Yeah..... I'm not expecting anyone to know where I'm coming from or understand my posts because there aren't many people that have been through what I've been through and come out the other side to tell the tale, so I can see if people see me as a nut case but I am who I am and I can only be who I am!

I also wanna see the post where I tell people that they have to quit cooked food immediatly!

If I remember rightly I said it was a personal decision that had consequences!!!

One thing about going 100% is that timing can have a big bearing on how you will feel, especially if your just starting out, going 100% does not always mean you will feel great because there's other elements that come into play like periodic healing Crisis and emotional detox, if you go 100% while going through a healing crisis then it's gonna get pretty rough for a week or two but if you can handle all that then your making a great choice!

Your just down right diss-respectfull man....

Everyone here knows that I'll help anyone with anything...all you had to do was ask instead of playing games.

I've posted a bunch of indepth info about myself here in the past, probably a bit too indepth at times....

Yeah..... I'm not expecting anyone to know where I'm coming from or understand my posts because there aren't many people that have been through what I've been through and come out the other side to tell the tale, so I can see if people see me as a nut case but I am who I am and I can only be who I am!

I also wanna see the post where I tell people that they have to quit cooked food immediatly!

If I remember rightly I said it was a personal decision that had consequences!!!

"I also wanna see the post where I tell people that they have to quit cooked food immediatly!"

I don't think you posted that, I believe I read in your blog that you went raw cold-turkey, which is what I was referring to.

You read wrong....

I tried every way under the sun to quit cooked foods but failed each time, I tried to cut cooked foods gradually but that just gave me the excuse to keep on eating the stuff, which is the main reason I quit so many times when I first started out, I eventualy sat my self down for the last time and asked myself if this Fruitarian thing was what I wanted, I decided that going Fruitarian was what I wanted and needed to do and going 100% was the key to experiencing real/natural health and then bit the bullet and went cold turkey!

I was like a crack addict, it was a nightmare but then I knew that I had to stop doing what I had always done and not quit.

After I got through it I experienced a great sence of well being and vitality, I saw changes in me both mentally and physically that I only dreamed off.

Yes it was tough and at times felt like torture and on top of that I had no support, not even from Raw Vegans but that just made me a stronger person and every minute was worth it.

Edited by Bigbwii

TF1 talks a hard game sometimes... it's pretty intimidating... but he has always been very friendly and supportive to me, a total clueless newbie, and in addition to posting his articles (which speak of his personal experience) he has answered my questions, both at this forum and other forums... I'm glad to see him back here... and it is his words I always keep in mind as I head into raw eating and his amazing story that keeps me focused. no disrespect to you, Zack though.

You read wrong....

IFruitarian was what I wanted and needed to do and going 100% was the key to experiencing real/natural health and then bit the bullet and went cold turkey!

I'm not understanding this, I said I read you went raw cold-turkey, you told me I read wrong, then you said yourself that you did?

Oh well, point is that you did do the cooked vegan diet, so I stand corrected and apologize for calling you out. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

TF1 talks a hard game sometimes... it's pretty intimidating... but he has always been very friendly and supportive to me, a total clueless newbie, and in addition to posting his articles (which speak of his personal experience) he has answered my questions, both at this forum and other forums... I'm glad to see him back here... and it is his words I always keep in mind as I head into raw eating and his amazing story that keeps me focused. no disrespect to you, Zack though.

Ha,ha........ yeah, anyone that knows me well will know that I don't paint a pretty picture about transitioning process and if anything I'll try to talk people out of going raw because going raw ain't no joke because later on down the line the body is going to want to go 100% regardless of what you have to say about it so if your not willing to go through the detox that comes with that then you won't be raw for long.

What alot of people don't realise is that when the guru's talk about the joys of the raw lifestyle they always fail to mention the detox/transitioning process, those are two different animals, plus half of these gurus aren't even raw themselves.

You read wrong....

IFruitarian was what I wanted and needed to do and going 100% was the key to experiencing real/natural health and then bit the bullet and went cold turkey!

I'm not understanding this, I said I read you went raw cold-turkey, you told me I read wrong, then you said yourself that you did?

Oh well, point is that you did do the cooked vegan diet, so I stand corrected and apologize for calling you out. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

You read wrong about how I went cold turkey and all the other bits in between.....

Edited by Bigbwii