Happy Birthday andgbr !!

robert

Happy Birthday Glen! See if you can't make yourself some vegan brigadiero!

nice.. i never thought about that.. i'll try to find the recipe online.. ( i don't even know how to make the 'regular' one.. lol )

thanks everybody.. today is my birthday i'm finally completing 17 years..

yay!

---

Here is my speech:

You're lucky. I wish i was 17. Actually i wish i was still 19 that was a cool age for me.

I've toyed with the idea of attempting a vegan brigadeiro for a while, i wonder how it would turn out. My brazilian friends had no concept of vegan. They would be like try this its vegetarian it only has a little bit of bacon in it. They tried to get it. haha.

Sweetened Condensed Soy Milk (Version 2)

Beverages - Milk - Make this your favorite recipe - Upload a new picture for this recipe

INGREDIENTS

o 1 cup instant soy milk powder

o 2/3 cup white sugar

o 3 T margarine

o 1/3 cup boiling water

METHOD

Mix the soy milk powder and sugar in a bowl. Melt the margarine into the water. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and beat with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Keeps 1 week refrigerated.

Makes the equivalent of 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. This can replace sweetened condensed milk in any recipe and it works amazingly! Don't forget to make it at least the night before it's needed.

the recipe seems easy enough to veganize, i just wonder how it would turn out

Brigadeiro

Recipe By : Anonymous

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 can sweetened condensed milk -- (395g)

3 tablespoons cocoa powder

1 tablespoon butter -- sof

1 package chocolate sprinkles

In a heavy saucepan, mix the milk, cocoa and butter. Stir to dissolve the

chocolate. Put over low heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring and cooking until you are able to see the bottom of the pot when you tilt the pan(the mixture will just slide quickly). This should take 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a greased plate. Let cool. Butter your hands and roll the mixture into small balls and roll over the chocolate sprinkles.

Variations: you can substitute the cocoa powder for 100g baking chocolate. If you want a lighter candy use powdered chocolate(such as quick). You can also put raisins or nuts in the center of the candy. You can decorate with powdered sugar instead, or cocoa powder.

You're lucky. I wish i was 17. Actually i wish i was still 19 that was a cool age for me.

I've toyed with the idea of attempting a vegan brigadeiro for a while, i wonder how it would turn out. My brazilian friends had no concept of vegan. They would be like try this its vegetarian it only has a little bit of bacon in it. They tried to get it. haha.

Sweetened Condensed Soy Milk (Version 2)

Beverages - Milk - Make this your favorite recipe - Upload a new picture for this recipe

INGREDIENTS

o 1 cup instant soy milk powder

o 2/3 cup white sugar

o 3 T margarine

o 1/3 cup boiling water

METHOD

Mix the soy milk powder and sugar in a bowl. Melt the margarine into the water. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and beat with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Keeps 1 week refrigerated.

Makes the equivalent of 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. This can replace sweetened condensed milk in any recipe and it works amazingly! Don't forget to make it at least the night before it's needed.

the recipe seems easy enough to veganize, i just wonder how it would turn out

Brigadeiro

Recipe By : Anonymous

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 can sweetened condensed milk -- (395g)

3 tablespoons cocoa powder

1 tablespoon butter -- sof

1 package chocolate sprinkles

In a heavy saucepan, mix the milk, cocoa and butter. Stir to dissolve the

chocolate. Put over low heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring and cooking until you are able to see the bottom of the pot when you tilt the pan(the mixture will just slide quickly). This should take 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a greased plate. Let cool. Butter your hands and roll the mixture into small balls and roll over the chocolate sprinkles.

Variations: you can substitute the cocoa powder for 100g baking chocolate. If you want a lighter candy use powdered chocolate(such as quick). You can also put raisins or nuts in the center of the candy. You can decorate with powdered sugar instead, or cocoa powder.

cool, thanks, did you try making those? i'm saving the recipe already in my lappy and sooner or later i'll try to prepare it...

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...