presidential candidates

endcruelty

I like Dennis a bunch too and if Obama looks like he has it in the bag I'll vote for Kucinich. I was actually tempted to write him in during the Presidential campaign too since Kerry really had no shot anyhow. I just wish Hillary wasn't such a flip flopper(she's earned that name over Kerry) because I'd love to have a female president. I think America is much more prepared for a black president than a female and I think it would be more beneficial to change peoples minds by having a woman over a black man...too bad Hillary isn't the one for the job.

I don't think it matters much who's there. The candidates who might really matter to making our lives better get marginalized anyway (such as Kucinich), and those who make it have the money and wouldn't be there if they didn't have the support of monied interests. I don't see any real difference between the politics of Obama or Clinton. Race/gender is just window-dressing and a distraction.

That said, GO KUCINICH!

Obama is a pretty decent candidate. His work regarding the environment seems to be in above average order; letters that I have sent to his office on environmental issues have mostly received positive feedback. I would much rather have Kucinich, but we all know how much of a chance he has.

Its hard to tell what will happen with republicans...if Guiliani wins the primary I think there is the possibility that upwards of 10% of democrats will vote for him(same with McCain but he doesn't have a chance in the primary any more)...although conservative republicans will only vote for him if there aren't any pro life/anti gay union dems on top of the ticket.

I honestly think that the last 6 years under Bush have proven that it does matter who is in the white house.

Yes, I totally agree with this.

I agree too. However, I honestly believe that it shows that it's all money, not popularity with issues, that gets a person into office too.

I really think it does matter who's in office. Could you imagine if Bill were still in. Things would be much better and I'd be able to pay for my school much more easily. I think the next president at best can slow our downfall as a nation thanks to Bush driving us off a cliff. The next 4-8 years won't be good no matter who is in but it'll be better than if Cheney ever decided to run and win.

Yeah, I am a pessimist about this as many are. Yes, people in general are stupid and don't vote within their own interests, money is what really snags someone that seat of power and our system of government, and basically every system of government ever to exist, sucks. Voting is one of the few ways we can mitigate the speed of our downfall. I don't like the system, but I vote in order to slow its ultimate collapse just long enough so that before it does collapse, I am somewhere else. Or dead. Whatever comes first. There is the chance that the whole system could be revamped again like way back in the day with the switch from the Articles to the Constitution. Clean Elections acts are a monumental step in the right direction, and if somehow we can get some passed nationally and across every state, they may very well save this country.