Bodybuilding chat thread

Hello Everyone,

I’m competing in a Natural Bodybuilding Competition in 3 weeks on April 28th in Portland, OR! One of our forum members who lives 3,000 miles away, offered to make a donation toward my entry in this contest. I hadn’t even thought of that, but it is expensive to enter and every bit helps. At the end of this note I’ll provide info on how people can make a donation which will go toward my entry fee, drug-testing fees (to prove I’m natural), and potential fees of hiring a photographer (a fellow member of our forum) to get some good pics from the show.

I am hoping to see some local forum members in attendance since there are many members right here in Portland.

It's not cheap to attend, and I'm including all the info. But remember, the money goes to help support Natural Bodybuilding and helps make it possible for people like me to compete against other guys who are drug-free (steroid free). There aren’t many Natural Competitions around and I often have to travel to California or elsewhere for an opportunity to compete within the Natural Bodybuilding Federations.

So please check it out or support the contest in some way. Thanks!

The contest will be pretty small, as most natural shows are, but it will be fun and I’m looking forward to it. I’m already starting to train twice a day and I’m watching what I eat over the next few weeks. I have no idea what result to expect, or even how many people will be in my category but I look forward to the opportunity to compete locally.

Contest Details:

Northwestern USA Natural

Bodybuilding Championships +

Oregon State Forever Natural

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Creston School

4701 South East Bush Street

Portland, Oregon

Contest Info

Special Info (categories in this competition)

Bodybuilding

Ms. Fitness

Ms Physique

Ms. Figure

Model Search

Contest includes all classes

Host Hotel

Holiday Inn

503-256-5000

Mention: Bodybuilding

for Special Rates

3 Years Drug Free

Qualifer for Ms. Fitness USA

National Qualifier

Prejudging: 12 noon

Main show: 6pm

Ticket prices:

Pre judging: $15

Main show: $25, $35

Vip package: $45 (prejudging and a main show ticket first eight rows)

For those who are not familiar with bodybuilding contests, which is probably most of you, here is a quick description of Pre-judging and Finals:

Pre-judging is where all the bodybuilders in a certain category (age, weight, height, etc.) are compared to one another. It involves the quarter turns and mandatory poses (front double biceps, side chest, abs and thigh, etc.). It is the less exciting of the two, but it is where 90% of the decisions are made.

Finals are the more fun part of the competition, where each athlete has an individual choreographed (most of the time) routine to music and it is more of a ‘performance.’ It is also the time when the final decisions are announced, awards are given out, etc.

As a bodybuilder, I appreciate the pre-judging more, but for a regular attendee, the finals would be more fun. Of course I would LOVE to see people at BOTH! It will be a small show so they won’t last long. Probably 90 min-2 hours for each, pre-judging and finals, and of course there is that 4-hour break in between.

For info Contact ABA/INBA Main Office (951) 734-3900

http://www.naturalbodybuilding.com/Northwestern%20USA%202007.jpg

I'm on the poster from my participation in this contest back in 2005 and I’ll be distributing some posters around town to try to get some last minute excitement from the local bodybuilding and fitness communities at various gyms.

There are many ways you can help support my first contest of 2007. To simply make a monetary donation you can do so via paypal at [email protected] (note the ER at the end, rather than my normal ING ending). You can also donate in the form of a check to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness mailed to:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

6214 NE 12th Ave

Portland, OR 97211

USA

Perhaps the best way to show support is to buy a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirt or our Vegan Fitness Built Naturally DVD from:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html

That way you are not just donating a monetary amount, but you are getting something cool out of it and further supporting Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and Me, in your own community.

Thanks for the support! I always appreciate it!

Visit www.naturalbodybuilding.com and click ‘contest schedule’ for more info

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask. Send me a PM or write [email protected]

Thanks!

-Robert

Edited by robert

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Things are very stressful for me right now with work and seemingly everything else so I'm trying to hang in there a few more weeks!

I work 4 jobs and barely make ends meet so that adds stress but I'm still training, still eating, and I'm determined to have fun on April 28th.

It will be a small show but I'm really hoping a bunch of you who are local will come and watch and support my efforts.

Thanks!

There will be plenty of updates for sure

Abs have always been a weak spot for me but I hope to have them in order 3 weeks from now! Or at least OK enough for the contest.

This is from a couple of years ago, filming our documentary. Abs aren't too bad here:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/VeganFitnessTeam/vft18.jpg

Abs have always been a weak spot for me but I hope to have them in order 3 weeks from now! Or at least OK enough for the contest.

This is from a couple of years ago, filming our documentary. Abs aren't too bad here:

I looked at the picture before I read what you typed and thought "Damn, you're already ready for this."

Someone on the forum from many miles away offered to make a donation toward my contest entry. I hadn't even thought of that but I really appreciate the offer!

In the past, michaelhobson, chesty leroux and others have helped me afford to compete by purchasing items from www.veganbodybuilding.com or by sending a monetary donation. I really appreciated that in the past and for one contest in particular, there is no way I would have been able to afford to compete it it weren't for the contributions and support.

Based on someone's offer to donate and suggestion that I announce it, I wrote something up:

There are many ways you can help support my first contest of 2007. To simply make a monetary donation you can do so via paypal at [email protected] (note the ER at the end, rather than my normal ING ending). You can also donate in the form of a check to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness mailed to:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

6214 NE 12th Ave

Portland, OR 97211

USA

Perhaps the best way to show support is to buy a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirt or our Vegan Fitness Built Naturally DVD from:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html

That way you are not just donating a monetary amount, but you are getting something cool out of it and further supporting Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and Me, in your own community.

Thanks for the support! I always appreciate it!

I understand that it is not cheap to attend, and I'm including all the info. But remember, the money goes to help support Natural Bodybuilding and helps make it possible for people like me to compete against other guys who are drug-free (steroid free). There aren’t many Natural Competitions around and I often have to travel to California or elsewhere for an opportunity to compete within the Natural Bodybuilding Federations.

For those planning on attending:

Ticket prices:

Pre judging: $15

Main show: $25, $35

Vip package: $45 (prejudging and a main show ticket first eight rows)

For those who are not familiar with bodybuilding contests, which is probably most of you, here is a quick description of Pre-judging and Finals:

Pre-judging is where all the bodybuilders in a certain category (age, weight, height, etc.) are compared to one another. It involves the quarter turns and mandatory poses (front double biceps, side chest, abs and thigh, etc.). It is the less exciting of the two, but it is where 90% of the decisions are made.

Finals are the more fun part of the competition, where each athlete has an individual choreographed (most of the time) routine to music and it is more of a ‘performance.’ It is also the time when the final decisions are announced, awards are given out, etc.

As a bodybuilder, I appreciate the pre-judging more, but for a regular attendee, the finals would be more fun. Of course I would LOVE to see people at BOTH! It will be a small show so they won’t last long. Probably 90 min-2 hours for each, pre-judging and finals, and of course there is that 4-hour break in between.

For info Contact ABA/INBA Main Office (951) 734-3900

For those who are interested in making a donation, I really appreciate it and I encourage you to order a t-shirt and wear it around your community!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just posted this a couple of days ago and have already received payments from paypal, t-shirt orders AND even a check in the mail.

Thank you so much for all the donations! This really makes it possible for me to compete and represent the vegan lifestyle through bodybuilding.

I appreciate very very much!

Hi Robert good to see you got support to compete.All these years I have never had any only the odd good luck,welldone,etc.I am thinking about making this the last year of competing [17days area show quallifier for Britain June 8th Mr World] it,s now draining me of funds need other stuff change car,holiday,etc still[maybe] remembered as the Best there was Best there is Best there ever will be? Vegan Bodybuilder. ROBBIEx

Hey Robbie,

Thanks man. Yeah, the support is a big part of it. As you know, it is very expensive, draining, and hard to do without being sponsored or supported by donations, etc.

So you are thinking of hanging up the trunks this year? You could even take a year or two off to sit back and enjoy things and then make a return to the stage?

Too bad we never got to be on stage together. Maybe in the future?

I hope to come to the UK sometime within the next year, maybe we can get some training done together.

I know you've had a long and great career as a vegan bodybuilder. Our paths will have to cross one of these days.

All the best with your upcoming contest!!!

Hi Robert when you get over to the UK do look me up I am going to be over your way not this year now but hopfully in 08 Portland or maybe Maryland or San Diago not sure where yet was coming over last year but with one thing and another never made it.Hang my trunks up and make a come back in a year or two yeah thats an idea see how it goes this year if I get to do the Universe again maybe keep going All the best for your comp ROBBIEx

You should definitely go to Portland...forget about MD though. The only thing s in MD are Seasiren and two or three places to eat.

You should definitely go to Portland...forget about MD though. The only thing s in MD are Seasiren and two or three places to eat.

Hey! That would be opinion Mr Potter! (although glad you mentioned me, I always liked you )

He better look me up But I'm no where near the chaos in Baltimore area (3 hours away from me). I live in the #1 rated retire community on the East Coast of the United States (was all in the papers, I found it amusing and know my real estate just went through the roof).

But if you are in the Maryland area perhaps we can meet up. Of course I am coming to you this Fall too.