Robert's bodybuilding competition April 28th!

Hello Everyone,

I’m competing in a Natural Bodybuilding Competition in 3 weeks on April 28th in Portland, OR! One of our forum members who lives 3,000 miles away, offered to make a donation toward my entry in this contest. I hadn’t even thought of that, but it is expensive to enter and every bit helps. At the end of this note I’ll provide info on how people can make a donation which will go toward my entry fee, drug-testing fees (to prove I’m natural), and potential fees of hiring a photographer (a fellow member of our forum) to get some good pics from the show.

I am hoping to see some local forum members in attendance since there are many members right here in Portland.

It's not cheap to attend, and I'm including all the info. But remember, the money goes to help support Natural Bodybuilding and helps make it possible for people like me to compete against other guys who are drug-free (steroid free). There aren’t many Natural Competitions around and I often have to travel to California or elsewhere for an opportunity to compete within the Natural Bodybuilding Federations.

So please check it out or support the contest in some way. Thanks!

The contest will be pretty small, as most natural shows are, but it will be fun and I’m looking forward to it. I’m already starting to train twice a day and I’m watching what I eat over the next few weeks. I have no idea what result to expect, or even how many people will be in my category but I look forward to the opportunity to compete locally.

Contest Details:

Northwestern USA Natural

Bodybuilding Championships +

Oregon State Forever Natural

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Creston School

4701 South East Bush Street

Portland, Oregon

Contest Info

Special Info (categories in this competition)

Bodybuilding

Ms. Fitness

Ms Physique

Ms. Figure

Model Search

Contest includes all classes

Host Hotel

Holiday Inn

503-256-5000

Mention: Bodybuilding

for Special Rates

3 Years Drug Free

Qualifer for Ms. Fitness USA

National Qualifier

Prejudging: 12 noon

Main show: 6pm

Ticket prices:

Pre judging: $15

Main show: $25, $35

Vip package: $45 (prejudging and a main show ticket first eight rows)

For those who are not familiar with bodybuilding contests, which is probably most of you, here is a quick description of Pre-judging and Finals:

Pre-judging is where all the bodybuilders in a certain category (age, weight, height, etc.) are compared to one another. It involves the quarter turns and mandatory poses (front double biceps, side chest, abs and thigh, etc.). It is the less exciting of the two, but it is where 90% of the decisions are made.

Finals are the more fun part of the competition, where each athlete has an individual choreographed (most of the time) routine to music and it is more of a ‘performance.’ It is also the time when the final decisions are announced, awards are given out, etc.

As a bodybuilder, I appreciate the pre-judging more, but for a regular attendee, the finals would be more fun. Of course I would LOVE to see people at BOTH! It will be a small show so they won’t last long. Probably 90 min-2 hours for each, pre-judging and finals, and of course there is that 4-hour break in between.

For info Contact ABA/INBA Main Office (951) 734-3900

http://www.naturalbodybuilding.com/Northwestern%20USA%202007.jpg

I'm on the poster from my participation in this contest back in 2005 and I’ll be distributing some posters around town to try to get some last minute excitement from the local bodybuilding and fitness communities at various gyms.

There are many ways you can help support my first contest of 2007. To simply make a monetary donation you can do so via paypal at [email protected] (note the ER at the end, rather than my normal ING ending). You can also donate in the form of a check to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness mailed to:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

6214 NE 12th Ave

Portland, OR 97211

USA

Perhaps the best way to show support is to buy a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirt or our Vegan Fitness Built Naturally DVD from:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html

That way you are not just donating a monetary amount, but you are getting something cool out of it and further supporting Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and Me, in your own community.

Thanks for the support! I always appreciate it!

Visit www.naturalbodybuilding.com and click ‘contest schedule’ for more info

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask. Send me a PM or write [email protected]

Thanks!

-Robert

All the best Robert now all you folks in and around Portland get your selves there and give Robert some support shouting and cheering even when he is not on stage lol.The only excuse you can have for not going is trained with Robbie 3 days ago and my whole body is stil in pain as I am in England thats not going to happen so get there.ROBBIEx

Thanks Robbie! You're the man! As far as doing this vegan style, you're one of the first and one of the best!

I appreciate the support from 6,000 miles away Contest prep is going well and hopefully I'll be in shape in 12 days!

I also just found out there is another local contest on June 9th. I competed in it last year and was 3rd out of 4, so not such a great showing but I'll be back to improve this year!

I'm enjoying some raw kale leaves before bed

Robert cheers but I think you need protein lots of or you WILL lose muscle yes last two days hit the fruit for carbs fill you out then be carefull,unless you eating a ton of raw fats advo,s nuts etc your going to lost size.Good idea to do another show soon as, I have the World,s on June 9th ROBBIEx

Cool, we'll both compete June 9th! I think we did that once before, when we both competed on the same day, possibly last year in October?

I know, I'll keep some raw protein sources around and Vega Powder, which isn't totally raw (therefore only 90% raw for that final week). I just want to try it as a way to keep sodium out, processed foods out and to lean up, as I do each time I go raw.

Good luck in June too!

I'm getting ready!!!!

5 days away!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/emerald18.jpg

If anyone wants to help support my efforts in the contest, it's not too late. Please consider buying a t-shirt or DVD from www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html or making a donation via paypal to [email protected] (note the ER ending rather than the usual ING ending in the e-mail address).

If you're in the area, please consider attending!

All of the info is on my first entry in this thread.

Thanks for the support!!!!

Nope.

No other pre-contest photos.

I compete tomorrow and I'm about exactly 24 hours away from getting on stage.

I'll get tons of contest pics and I'll be sure to write a recap and and get photos up here over the weekend.

Thanks! It will be fun!

Thanks! I'll have a recap and photos soon. It was a Great time and I had Great support from many who showed up including:

loveliberate

Ravi

xnickmx

davidtarrfoster

C.O.

Lilikoi

hill slug

And others including Khan who created this website and forum, my mother, and other friends in town.

Recap and Results coming soon......

A quick "result"......I was in 3 categories and came in 2nd of 3, 2nd of 3 and 2nd of 2.

So I was 2nd all the way across the board today. I was nearly 1st in one category and in fact I think I was placed first after prejudging but after the finals they put me in 2nd. I feel good about the contest, learned some things and had fun!

Photos will most likely be in the photos section but here are a few:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp6.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp13.jpg

Congrats...very nice showing for your first contest in over a year I'm looking forward to seeing how you place in your next two competitions.

Thanks guys.

More photos are in the Photos section.

I didn't weigh myself but I was probably around 175 on contest day and hope to be in the 190s soon.

Here are a couple of pics from the end of the show:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp33.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp34.jpg