My diet

I believe this is week 4 since I've given up animal-based foods. I've lost about 3 pounds so far and am noticeably leaner (my six pack shows quite nicely and the 8-pack is starting to emerge). I feel great!

Tomorrow I'm upping my caloric intake for the next 12 weeks. My goal is to gain about 10-15 lbs of muscle (hopefully the fat gain will be minimal!). Here's the diet that I've put together. I'd like to get about 4000 calories a day. Does anyone have some suggestions on how I can sneak some more calories into my diet? Thanks to Robert for the ideas I garnered from his nutrition plans.

Meal 2

1 cup oats – (300, 10)

½ cup frozen mixed berries

1 T flax meal (30)

1 t cinnamon - 582, 24.5

8 oz. almond soy milk (100, 7)

1 T hemp protein powder (82, 7.5)

Meal 3

2 scoops Vega Meal replacement shake (290, 25)

1 orange -440, 25

1 banana

Meal 4

1 cup kidney/ black/garbanzo beans (200, 14)

1 Ezekiel tortilla (150, 6)

2 T hummus (70)

1-2 cups spinach -590, 22

½ cup broccoli

½ cup baby carrots

5 cherry tomatoes

1 T olive oil (120)

Meal 5

Raw Almonds, walnuts, and cashews (350, 15) - 600, 25

1 Clif Bar (250, 10)

Pre-Workout

2 scoops hemp protein powder (164, 15)

Green tea -254 (15)

1 banana (70)

Workout Session

Meal 6

6 oz. Tofu (160, 17)

3 cups frozen vegetables (90) -560, 24.5

1 small baked potato (100)

12 oz. chocolate soy milk (210, 7.5)

Meal 7

2 pieces Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread (160, 6)

1 T peanut butter (105, 5) -425, 17

1 soy yogurt (160, 6)

Totals: 3451 calories, 153 grams protein

Cook the veggies and tofu in oil. Drink 500-1000mL of Fruit Juice. Use a tbsp of peanut on each piece of bread instead of in total. That should do it.

make it Olive oil and not Vegetable oil! Your diet looks pretty solid. Just make sure your workouts are too :

What do you weigh in at? I'm able to put on weight at around 2,500 calories a day and I'm in the low - mid 180's, so if you don't feel the want to stomach those extra 500 calories, you don't have to.

You look like you got a lot of variety in there too, I'm sure you're going to do fine on that kind of diet.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to take your advice O and keep it at 3500 to begin with seeing as how this is my first foray into the bodybuilding lifestyle. I'll edge up my calories later if I feel that it's necessary.

To answer your question, I'm 5'8 and about 153 lbs. I have good definition and muscular shape to start with due to genetics and am very excited to reap the rewards.

I guess I'll start a blog to track my progress.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to take your advice O and keep it at 3500 to begin with seeing as how this is my first foray into the bodybuilding lifestyle. I'll edge up my calories later if I feel that it's necessary.

To answer your question, I'm 5'8 and about 153 lbs. I have good definition and muscular shape to start with due to genetics and am very excited to reap the rewards.

I guess I'll start a blog to track my progress.

Starting a blog is a good idea. I just really don't believe that (for a lot of people), 4,000 is necessarilly optimal, and that holding it around 3,000 - 3,500 (depending on your activity level) might prevent some fat gain. I've noticed that there's a level where I can put on lean mass, and further calories are just fat, and for where you are, 3,500 sounds sufficient.

Good luck though man.